• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help with carfax or autocheck JH4NA118XST000536

If you guys don't want to help then don't help, this is the first time I've asked for this kind of help and the vin check is for my brother not me. I was just trying to help him out and I've done nothing but rave how great the nsx community is. Again if you dont want to help then don't but I don't think your comments are necessary.

Carfax had a policy of policing forums and matching up vin requests with reports run and then cancelling the account of the person who ran the report without giving a refund. It has been a violation of their terms of service

If you guys don't want to help then don't help, this is the first time I've asked for this kind of help and the vin check is for my brother not me. I was just trying to help him out and I've done nothing but rave how great the nsx community is. Again if you dont want to help then don't but I don't think your comments are necessary.

It's tough love....:wink:

Carfax had a policy of policing forums and matching up vin requests with reports run and then cancelling the account of the person who ran the report without giving a refund. It has been a violation of their terms of service

But shouldn't those who don't have expect those that do to give it to them for free. It's becoming the new standard of our society. Why pay or work for something when it can be given to you as a handout.

So to the OP. My comments are are necessary to protect a business such as Carfax from getting ripped off.

So the NSX community is no longer great because you didn't get a free Carfax?

I can't speak for the newer members as I don't come in here much any more, but we have some extremely helpful and knowledgeable members here.

No one is saying it's not great, I was making a comment about the 1st response I receive was not what I was expecting. Like I said before if the person doesn't want to help that's fine. The moderator had a great point and I understand so I moved on.

Services like Carfax obviously serve a purpose, but they are not a guarantee that a vehicle has had damage and been repaired. Lots of cars get fixed by owners out of pocket because of too many claims previously, no collision coverage, or the owner trying to hide the fact that their car has sustained damage that would decrease the value of their vehicle when they sell it. Many times owners will cheap out and have less than ideal repairs done to save a couple of dollars.

No one is saying it's not great, I was making a comment about the 1st response I receive was not what I was expecting. Like I said before if the person doesn't want to help that's fine. The moderator had a great point and I understand so I moved on.

I have learned to expect the unexpected on the "web"....I have learned alot about human nature as a result..

Back