• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help with CEL!!!???

Recently I had a bunch of Pioneer car stereo, nav, audio video equipment installed in my 05 NSX.

I had the work done at a local shop called Ralph's Radio in Vancouver BC.

Installed were the vehicle dynamics processor (AVG-VDP1) connected to 6.5" LCD touchscreen (AVD-W6210) the screen is housed in the NAVPOD.

Below that I had the stock stereo removed and replaced with an in-dash 6 disc dvd player with integrated 7" touch screen LCD (AVH-P6800DVD) connected to that is component Navigation (avic-88dvd) which is hooked up in the glovebox.

Other misc items are bluetooth and backup camera .

After everything was installed and i got the car back i took it out for a drive within driving a few blocks the check engine light came on.

Made an appointment and took it into the dealership they advised me that the code was faulty EGR valve and would be covered under warranty .

Part comes in a few days later so I take it down to get installed . later that day I pick it up and drive only a few blocks CEL comes on again??? WTF!!

This time i'm starting to think maybe it has something to do with the installation so I take the car back into the stereo shop and they suggest trying alpine or pioneer speed pulse generator rather than tapping into the vehicle speed sensor .

Well I made the switch to the alpine pulse generator afterwhich I took it to a buddies shop where he reset the codes with his OBDII tool (he noted the EGR problem again so it was the same code as before) drove back home but before i reached home damn CEL again . Pulled the clock fuse twice but light still comes on after a while.

Does anybody have any idea what it could be ?? The car is new and only has 3000 km. Any suggestions would be great.

I don't have any help for you but I do have a Pioneer AVIC-Z1 in my 05 using the speed sense wire and have had no problems. I would not think this hookup should trigger any codes. Sorry for your trouble hope you get it figured out soon......Steve

Being that you took your car to a dealer, it's entirely possible they never replaced the faulty EGR and simply billed Acura for the warranty work.

Back