• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help with contest, please

The current issue of Sport Compact Car has the semifinalists for their 'ultimate street car' contest. My car is entrant number one. Please get a copy of the magazine and vote for me - inspite of the bad photo and completely mangled description of the car. Also, they will have ten finalists who will drive three courses to select a winner, so pick my car and the nine lamest other cars you can find on the list. That way, an NSX will win. : )

Thanks.

I would have to test drive the car to decide my vote...hint hint..nudge nudge

I think we need a little more incentive to vote for David...

DAVID i think you should post some more video clips of your setup to convince the skeptical one's among us...
wink.gif

I picked up the issue this weekend. I'll vote for ya.
You're right. They description didn't do your car justice and that may make it more difficult to be in the top ten.
Your comments were good though. Hopefully you get in and kick some Supra ars.
biggrin.gif

They've got some pretty fast ones in there, but I figure the best driver will win.

Here's an audio file courtesy of Ojas Patel who was kind enough to record it for me. The car had not warmed up and is runnning really rich right now ( I re-routed the fuel system and need to retune the Motec to compensate), so it sounds a bit lumpy and not as raspy as usual.

To get some idea of what it sounds like in person, run it through a good set of speakers and place them on either side of your head with the volume set at eleven.
http://www.ojaspatel.com/media/davidsnsx/davidsnsx.mp3

------------------
Don't no nuttin 'bout no NSX;
Don't no nuttin 'bout birthin' no babbies.

View

I was standing next to the car when this was recorded. David only rev'd to about 3000RPM, I almost shit myself... Hurt my ears a little, can't imagine being behind this beast when it hits VTEC!!!

------------------
Brian
Austin,TX
95 NSX-T Black/Black

Originally posted by BlackMonster:
I was standing next to the car when this was recorded. David only rev'd to about 3000RPM, I almost shit myself... Hurt my ears a little, can't imagine being behind this beast when it hits VTEC!!!

This file is the motor running most of the way through the rpm range. The one before was the one that caused Brian to consider adult diapers.

Jesus.......that thing sounds like it's ready to kill something. All that from a six cylinder is awesome. Does it make your ears ring?

Originally posted by Dr.Lane:
Jesus.......that thing sounds like it's ready to kill something. All that from a six cylinder is awesome. Does it make your ears ring?

It's really not that bad from inside the car, but I have been told that driving behind me is abusive, both from the sound and from the flames that shoot out on downshifts.

Originally posted by Edo:
David, what kind of exhaust setup are you running?

By 'exhaust' I assume you mean the two feet or so of three inch pipe between the turbo and the outlet? ; )

And yes, ilya, it is a V6, its just a very angry one. I have to keep my eye on it all the time or it gets loose and eats other cars.

Back