• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help with finding someone local to fix bad capacitors?

With much help from you guys here, my 92' NSX has been diagnosed with the bad capacitors on the Climate Control board. The tech at the dealer who works on my car is not comfortable with doing the repair that you guys describe here for DIY. Neither am I. If anyone knows someone in the Dallas/Ft.Worth area who is qualified and willing to replace the burnt capacitors it would be greatly appreciated. I would like to repair this instead of replacing it. Thanks in advance.

Take the unit to any Electronics repair shop ie. TV/Audio repair center, You will have to pull the unit and the shop should be able to order the correct components and solder them in for you. These components are used in every electronic device and should be no problem to replace.

By the way, what was the unit doing or not doing to lead to this?

Dave

Thanks for the heads up on that. After a few phone calls I came to that conclusion. I found a local TV repair shop to do it for me. $75 and well worth the piece of mind. The dealer was going to replace the blower motor and transistor which is what they say to do when the blower motor only blows on high. That didn't work, and thanks to all of you guys on here, I suggested to my Tech to pull the board and look for bad capacitors. Well what do you know, there were 4 obvious ones blown, and 1 more that was questionable. Got it fixed and had them put it back together, voila! I didn't have to replace the transistor and motor either. Boy that just saved me hundred's of dollars! Now I am going to fix the windows with the Dali Racing Widow Fixit thing's, yet again many thanks to this site and all of those who contribute to it. This will save me a ton of money as well.

Back