• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help with new shoes on blue NSX

Hello guys, im a newb on this forum but look forward to chatting with everyone. I need some help deciding what wheels would look good on the NSX. From browsing the forum I will most likely get 18x8 +32 and 19x10+30. I'm open to your suggestions.

The only idea in my mind so far is Work Meisters in black :biggrin:

Hello guys, im a newb on this forum but look forward to chatting with everyone. I need some help deciding what wheels would look good on the NSX. From browsing the forum I will most likely get 18x8 +32 and 19x10+30. I'm open to your suggestions.

I would go with Advans in Black...the contrast between black and blue would look sick, imo.

ADV.1's if you have deep pockets. :wink:

I'd love to have a set of custom ADV5's :drool:

img_9009.jpg

3963840210_8c96a0b536_b.jpg

http://www.adv1wheels.com/home.html

img_9009.jpg

3963840210_8c96a0b536_b.jpg

Too bad the price is retarded - not just expensive, but unjustifiably so . These do look good and I would buy a set but the price is ridiculous for what you get, and they are boat anchors.

I would stick to +38-45 in an 18x8 or you will be sorry.

I wouldnt give any of my money to that scam artist Jordan Swer-whatever his name is...

Please read the following before making any decisions.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1250780&postcount=22
Too bad the price is retarded - not just expensive, but unjustifiably so . These do look good and I would buy a set but the price is ridiculous for what you get, and they are boat anchors.

Oups, i had no idea. :redface:

They have some really slick wheels tho.

Not a fan of any of their wheels to pay even half of what they are asking per wheel. Those prices are crazy :eek:

Where are the prices on the ADV's?

I can't stand when companies don't advertise their prices. I just don't get it. What's there to hide? :rolleyes:

I just googled one of their distributors and saw that a set of 18/19s would be in the range of 1700 dollars a piece. Before I finished laughing I closed the link :tongue:

Hello Angus,

Front 18x8 +35/225x35x18
Rear 19x10 +24/275x30x19

Would these sizes be that harsh to drive daily? Lots of rubbing?

Depending on your ride height , you MIGHT get away with it , but you will need to be very careful entering / exiting driveways , one wrong move and you will have a big problem.

Stick to:

+40 in an 8" rim with a 215/35/18 front

In the rear you can do the 19x10 +24 , but only if your car is fairly low , and I would go with a 265/30/19 (pick one that is narrow for the size).

You would be better to stick to:

19x10 +30, 275/30 rear

18x8 +40, 215/35 front

It is much safer to not try going too flush in the front of this car if you want to drive it, I have decided that to get the "flush" look in front I will add an 8mm spacer to the front - for shows only and never drive like that -

Last edited:
I just googled one of their distributors and saw that a set of 18/19s would be in the range of 1700 dollars a piece. Before I finished laughing I closed the link :tongue:

Even at half the price their wheels are still a rip-off, if I charged those prices people would lynch me...

when I saw the prices I actually, literally laughed out loud.

Depending on your ride height , you MIGHT get away with it , but you will need to be very careful entering / exiting driveways , one wrong move and you will have a big problem.

Stick to:

In the rear you can do the 19x10 +24 , but only if your car is fairly low , and I would go with a 265/30/19 (pick one that is narrow for the size).

19x10 +30, 275/30 rear

18x8 +40, 215/35 front

It is much safer to not try going too flush in the front of this car if you want to drive it, I have decided that to get the "flush" look in front I will add an 8mm spacer to the front - for shows only and never drive like that -

Would it be expensive to shave off a bit to increase the offsets? say 5mm?

when I saw the prices I actually, literally laughed out loud.

I have a set of HRE's I picked up used and in need of some attention for 1100$ for my wifes S40, talking with the guy cant believe he paid up to 5K for them new lol. All said and done I have maybe 1400$ into a fully refinished set of 19" C20's. I prefer looking for deals :cool:

Here is a photo of my old S2000 in blue. I think gunmetal goes the best with this color. What color blue is your car? Long Beach?

IMG_0277.jpg

Stick to:

19x10 +30, 275/30 rear

18x8 +40, 215/35 front

I second Angus' recommendations. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Back