• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

help with possible purchase

(first post)
hello,
I currently have an S2000. Don't drive it very much but have been thinking about getting a new sports car. I check ebay once in a while just for the hell of it. I don't need to buy it but I will if the price is good (and it seems to be) and the car checks out - and this is the reason for this post.

anyway, I came across this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000...6092236?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4ab1887dcc
this dealership is minutes from my work so I took lunch off to take a look at it. Seems fine so far but second owner (out of 2) only has it for 6 months (don't know the circumstance) but this makes me a little uneasy.
the issues are
this is the VIN: JH4NA2162YT000060. putting in search on this forum showed no result. Does this car belong to any member here or does anyone know about this car.
I prefer a later model but the price is decent so I am considering this. Just want to know if there is a history.

thanks in advance for your help
(I will also post this in the Norcal forum. If admin consider this spam, please delete and let me know, thanks)

Welcome, I recently sold my s2000 for a '93 Formula Red. The one you posted seems pretty clean with the exception of alot of aftermarket electronics (alarm, sound system, nav). I'd be hesitant to drop $45k on a car with questionable electrical history....as you don't know who installed it.

But if you get it inspected and it all checks out, then it seems pretty sold otherwise.

yeah.
I plugged the VIN into google too and got a bunch of sale listings. Some of the listings had the car as supercharged. Not sure what the story is.
During my visit (which was very brief due to a short lunch break), I sat in the car. Was offered a test drive but turned it down. Will check back next week when I have more time.

Back