• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help with Skipping CD Changer

I have the factory CD changer in the trunk, which came with the car. It has always skipped a bit on bumps, but lately has started skipping even on hard acceleration.

I did a search on the site and found that there are two things I should check before replacing the unit -- whether some levers are in the V position rather than the H position, and adjusting some screws for the rubber suspension band tightness.

Only problem is, I just looked over the entire unit and cannot find either one of these. Does the CD player need to be taken out of the metal housing to have access to them? Would someone be so kind as provide detailed instructions as to how to get to these settings, and where they are on the unit?

Thank you in advance,
Chip

MarkB said:
I noted thatr my CD player skipped a great deal when the changer was not locked in the vertical position. Any angle at all causes skipping.

Thanks for responding. It is locked in the vertical position, not in the tilt down position for loading.

Anyone have details on accessing those controls mentioned in other posts?

Cleaning the head does sound like a good idea, too.

Chip

Back