• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help with wheel identification & valuation

Hi all

I recently purchased a 97 CTSC Monte Carlo Blue/Camel NSX-T. It came with a full set of stock rims & a set of AVUS rims w/nice Michelin PS2 tires.

I have since removed the AVUS rims & put on a set of OZ wheels that I had left-over from my previous 2001 model. As such, I would like to sell both of my other sets. Problem is, I'm not sure what model the AVUS wheels are & what their value would be. The previous owner had the centers custom painted the Monte Carlo Blue color. I'm not even sure if anyone else would be interested in them since they are this color but I figured I'd give it a try.

Could anybody be so kind as to look at the pix I am adding & see if you can identify the model of the AVUS wheels, and perhaps give me a ballpark figure on what they would be worth used along with a set of nice Michelin PS2 tires.

Thanks in advance for any help...

Attachments

• P8251159.jpg
    P8251159.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 50
  • P8251160.jpg
    P8251160.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 40
  • P8251161.jpg
    P8251161.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 41
  • P8251162.jpg
    P8251162.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 31
  • P8251163.jpg
    P8251163.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 35
  • P8251164.jpg
    P8251164.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 37
Well, duh

I did some searching (can't sleep) & I think these are the AVUS 3 piece af-m02 18/19. Does that seem about right to those of you in the know. It also sounds like I could get them painted a different color by AVUS ($$) though I'm not sure I want to go back to 18/19 - I like my 17/18 OZ Racing rims. As for cost, it appears the previous owner spent >$4k for this setup (eek). So I wouldn't even venture a guess as to what they are worth now.

If anyone has any ideas on a reasonable price I'll go ahead & post these in the for-sale forum.

Well the first thing I would say is that you need to be more descriptive on the condition - are any of them curbed? do and have bends (inside or out), what percentage of rubber is left (and is it evenly worn), is the paint and/or chrome peeling?

If they are in good condition and tires are 75% or so, I would start at maybe $2500 and see what offers you get, if you really want them gone post them lower... a lot lower:rolleyes:

The appear to be true 3 piece wheels. If that's the case, then you can just disassemble them and have the centers repainted/refinished whatever color you want by a wheel repair shop (be sure to go to reputable one).

I would think a brushed or silver look should be relatively easy to do.

The appear to be true 3 piece wheels. If that's the case, then you can just disassemble them and have the centers repainted/refinished whatever color you want by a wheel repair shop (be sure to go to reputable one).

I would think a brushed or silver look should be relatively easy to do.

I may just do that. I had read somewhere else on the forum that someone was mentioning that AVUS has a special allen wrench 'key' that is needed to disassemble. Wasn't sure if the wheel places would have this or not.

As for condition, the only damage is a scuff about 4 inches long that I just put there the other day (quite annoying). Otherwise the wheels are perfect in my untrained eye & the rubber is wearing well (the car has a good alignment) & the previous owner wasn't a street racer with a love of tire melting launches.

Thanks to you both for your help.
Craig

Back