• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Here is another NSX vs. Z06 thread

Same old, same old, same old...
sleep.gif

What's a bunch of moron we have on that board, funny how they can talk so much shit about the NSX, yet every time they see one on the road, they are like damn, the look on their face is priceless

I read the first 20 or so posts and it seems to me (much to my surprise ) the NSX has won and is well respected by most (especially those who have done research).
I'm impressed as how well the NSX was refered to on a corvette post board.
Go NSX !!!

WTF is this supposed to mean:

"Do you want to drive a world-class supercar (Z06), or one that looks like one (NSX)?"

That coming from a guy who bought a 'world class 4cyl' exotic...

Me, I alway give credit where it is due. The Z does have an advantage over my NSX, it is well know, but everything else is a different sory. You know what I said, screw it, let who's ever want a corvette get a corvette, but for the NSX, there are so few of us that is around, and we all know that it is a special community, and I rather this community keep it to themselves, no point defending something to people that can't understand anyway, no matter how polite you are. Quite a few of them think that the NSX is a piece of shit Honda or a Civic on steroid if you have a chance to read the entire post. Funny every time I parked my baby to get a cup of coffe at night, I was mobbed by all kind of people, some of them had even wanted to pay me to ride in my car, what's a feeling owning a vehicle of this caliber.

Yep, it does look like a lot of armchair quarterbacking going on over there.

I bought my car for me, and for nobody else. If somebody on a web site gets a wild hair and decides to talk trash about my car, then it shows me just how juvenile this person is. To each his own, I say. I appreciate all cars.....from the NSX to the Pontiac Aztek, every car has it's own lovers and haters. It's what the person thinks who is actually behind the wheel of that car that counts.

By the way, I had one of two NSXs at yesterday's Sandia Braille Rally in Albuquerque. The 4 or 5 Corvettes (one Z06) got little attention. The Ferarri Testarossa didn't get a lot, either. It was the '57 Ford station wagon, the '32 Ford coupe, and the other classics that turned the most heads. However, I don't recall any frowns on anybody's face (driver or passenger) when they were driving their cars, and that's what really matters!

Chuck

------------------
'91 Black/Ivory NSX
'89 Gray/Gray F-16C

man i love american classic cars ..plus them hot rod cars ...i f i was filthy rich i would collect them ....i even buy a zo6 ....cause that the best bang for buck car ...but for people like me who enjoy alll around finesse sport car ....i am proud to drive and own an nsx ...

Originally posted by Viper Driver:

To each his own, I say. I appreciate all cars.....from the NSX to the Pontiac Aztek, every car has it's own lovers and haters.

Although I do agree with you, I ahd to laugh at your mentioning the Pontiac Aztec. It's the only vehicle in recent memory I can't help but say, DAMN!!! That is ugly! (Apologies if you have one, no offende)

After reading through some of the posts on the thread, it appears that some vette folks are somewhat closed minded to anything else. I don't know if this makes a point, but before I bough my NSX I was looking @ other options. One of which was a Z06 though it was low on the list due to its styling. So I went to the show room of a local Chev. dealer whom had one on the showroom floor. My intentions were made known to the sales manager as not some tire kicker. I told him I would like to drive one and he told me test drives on a Z06 were not their policy. Suprised I asked, why not? He said, we sell two dozen a year, when people want a Z06 they don't care about driving it, they just know its what they want.... That may tell you in my instance that it could be hard for some vette owners to think outside of the box. I know its not always the case and it certainly isn't mine.

Originally posted by McAttack:
Although I do agree with you, I ahd to laugh at your mentioning the Pontiac Aztec. It's the only vehicle in recent memory I can't help but say, DAMN!!! That is ugly! (Apologies if you have one, no offende)

One man's trash is another man's treasure!

IMHO, the entire design team at Pontiac should be rounded up and shot for creating the ugliest and least-impressive designs of the last two decades. I would not own a Pontiac if it were given to me, except maybe a mint late '70s Trans Am. Hey, everybody's got their own "Smokey and the Bandit" moments.

However, there are people out there who like Pontiacs, and the Aztek actually does have a pretty cool utility factor if you check out it's versatility and features. Nonetheless, I wouldn't be caught dead in one because it induces nausea and vomiting in anyone who is unfortunate enough to actually see one in person!

------------------
'91 Black/Ivory NSX
'89 Gray/Gray F-16C

tom, same happened here except i asked to drive a regular vette (this was before the z06).

i showed up in the NSX (this should be a clue im not a tire kicker, though I really didn't expect to have any interest in a vette, but who knows, maybe a drive would have changed my mind, heh heh), i was wearing a suit and was rudely told "NOBODY DRIVES A VETTE". I asked why not and was basically told the same thing you were, "A vette buyer doesn't need to test drive, he comes in, he buys, and he pays sticker price."

I told them fine, I'd take my business elsewhere and walked off. As I was walking off, the sales manager yells after me that his McLaren mustang would kill my car (I thought that somewhat odd since I wasn't at a ford dealership). BTW, this was in Lowell, MA.

i think the one and only pontiac id take is the turbo trans am, the one with the grand national engine. that was one fast mutha car!

I agree, credit where credit due. The Z06 is a helluva car -- only took 'em 10 years to catch up to the NSX
smile.gif
. The existence of cars like the Z06 drives home the need for the next-gen NSX to be an outrageous performer.

-Bob

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
Same old, same old, same old...
sleep.gif
there's a similar "Countach vs Z06" thread running in the Lambo lists as well
rolleyes.gif

- similar arguments (exclusivity / hand-made vs. modern engineering, etc)
- some "low-end" vs "top-end" power/speed discussions

Originally posted by robr:
tom, same happened here except i asked to drive a regular vette (this was before the z06).

i showed up in the NSX (this should be a clue im not a tire kicker, though I really didn't expect to have any interest in a vette, but who knows, maybe a drive would have changed my mind, heh heh), i was wearing a suit and was rudely told "NOBODY DRIVES A VETTE". I asked why not and was basically told the same thing you were, "A vette buyer doesn't need to test drive, he comes in, he buys, and he pays sticker price."

I told them fine, I'd take my business elsewhere and walked off. As I was walking off, the sales manager yells after me that his McLaren mustang would kill my car (I thought that somewhat odd since I wasn't at a ford dealership). BTW, this was in Lowell, MA.

I think I know where you are talking about RobR. Don't know how long ago this was but given the stock market today, you may want to swing by there again, make HIM buy YOU lunch after your test drive and then dis him back. Although many owners of NSX's and Z06's may not feel the pinch as badly, this economy has no room these days for rude sales people. Come to think of it, I wonder if that sales mgr still has his job!

------------------

There's a seat for every ass.

------------------
NSXY
95 NSX-T, 5 sp, Red/Tan, Tubi exhaust, Dali street anti-sway bars, Dunlop SP9000s

Isn't that an S2000 board?

NO, MYNSX is right. It IS a CORVETTE forum IN DISGUISE, since just about every s2k owners in that forum owns Z06's and are justifying their purchase for their coveted babies. NOthing wrong with that of course, as we tend to do the same, even though many of us own other cars as well. What I don't appreciate about these Zo6 fans posting in that thread is that most of them are pretty ill-informed about the NSX and make biased, one sided assumptions with intent to degrade and disrespect NSX fans/owners. Kinda funny, but I can't find any NSX owners putting their Z06's down, me excluded.
tongue.gif

But come to think of it, Honda hit the jackpot this time with their creation of the S2k. They're able to win these guy's hearts, the very same group of pro Z06 antiNSX car nuts that would put the NSX down but respects s2k so much that they have one in their stable.

Way to go HONDA !!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Zanardi 50 (edited 01 August 2002).]

Great. We can brag that Honda sells to ignorant bigots, too.
rolleyes.gif

"Oh darn it Billy Bob, help me 'git rid of 'dat lil' V-6, eye, squintin' toothy-grinning Jap turd of mine an' put me in an All-American V-8 Z06 instead, b-cuz I ain't gonna be a traitor to our country no 'more !!! "
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
(No offense there now guys, it's just a lame, tasteless joke
wink.gif
)
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Zanardi 50 (edited 01 August 2002).]

Originally posted by robr:

I told them fine, I'd take my business elsewhere and walked off.

And I thought I was the only one who had an experience like this! The EXACT same thing happened to me a few years ago, but Karma came and bit the dealer on the ass. Their books exposed tons of fraud (a precursor of Worldcom and Enron?) and they are now out of business! Ahhh, sweet revenge.

Ditto for me too. There's a Chevy dealer in San Gabriel that had this same attitude about their Vettes. "Nobody test drives a Vette", they said. Fine I said. So I went to the one in El Monte and they had this Silver Z06 that was parked at the lot that they've designated as a their test car. Needless to say, the test drive really got me drooling over it! My stock Zanardi was pale in comparison in terms of torque and acceleration, but I could care less about its handling characteristics and rear grip. Also I've noticed NEITHER dealerships were impressed nor cared what it was when I showed up in my NSX. Rather surprising, since just about every non-Chevy dealerships that I went to were in awe of it and those that didn't know what a NSX is wanted to know what I was driving.

[This message has been edited by Zanardi 50 (edited 05 August 2002).]

Back