• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hey! I love your NXS! - or NX?

man..... This has happened too many times,and when it does i feel like strangling the person ! the worst part is that these are people in the automotive industry!!!! "Wow,did you know that your NXS is made of aluminum?Or is it titanium?"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
anyone else get comments like this?

Re: Hey! I love your NXS! - or NX???????

man..... This has happened too many times,and when it does i feel like strangling the person ! the worst part is that these are people in the automotive industry!!!! "Wow,did you know that your NXS is made of aluminum?Or is it titanium?"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Not really, since I live in S. Cal, people I have encountered either know the car, or they don't.

Do you live in Vancouver WA? or Vancouver BC?

Hi

My boss calls my NSX a "NXS". Then I correct him and tells him what NSX is short for and he says "yeah yeah" and then he does it again later..

I have taken action and will be leaving end of this month.. enough is enough :biggrin:

Regards

Just today, I had an employee at Advance Auto parts ask me if the engine was in the front or rear. I said "in the rear." Then he says, "Are you sure, I'm pretty sure NSXs have the engine in the front, I know the older ones do at least."

"Are you sure?"

I looked at him (politely), with a straight face and said "Unless there is a noisemaker behind the seats, I'm pretty sure I know where the engine is in my car." I was very polite about it BTW, but still awestruck that he was asking me if I was sure I knew where the engine was. I should have bought some wiper fluid and "changed the oil" in the parking lot.
:biggrin:

Just today, I had an employee at Advance Auto parts ask me if the engine was in the front or rear. I said "in the rear." Then he says, "Are you sure, I'm pretty sure NSXs have the engine in the front, I know the older ones do at least."

"Are you sure?"

I looked at him (politely), with a straight face and said "Unless there is a noisemaker behind the seats, I'm pretty sure I know where the engine is in my car." I was very polite about it BTW, but still awestruck that he was asking me if I was sure I knew where the engine was. I should have bought some wiper fluid and "changed the oil" in the parking lot.

I was at a car show last year and had the engine cover up, this girl is looking at the engine bay and says, wow so this car has two engines:rolleyes:

Edit: I should add that this was at the celebration exotic car show, which has tons of ferraris, a few lamborghini's and many other mid engine cars. I wonder if she thought they all had two engines, but where my car was parked she may of come into the show from my side...and not seen all the other "two engine" cars yet:biggrin:

"Are you sure?"

LOL! All sound too familiar!

What is it short for???? :confused:

New Sportscar eXperimental silly :eek: :wink: :biggrin: <--spelling.. waa

You must be pulling my leg as I for some years thought my boss was until I found out that he does not care about anything. And then I quit.

Regards

Last edited:

I was at a car show last year and had the engine cover up, this girl is looking at the engine bay and says, wow so this car has two engines:rolleyes:

Edit: I should add that this was at the celebration exotic car show, which has tons of ferraris, a few lamborghini's and many other mid engine cars. I wonder if she thought they all had two engines, but where my car was parked she may of come into the show from my side...and not seen all the other "two engine" cars yet:biggrin:

i tell people "yes" the car has two motors,the one in the front is the heater motor!!!

One of my friend say: What a beautiful "NSR" you have!!

Yeah~~I know. Both of them are come from the same factory "Honda"

A lot of people know my car from video games. That's their only source of info about the car.

Ski_Banker: I nearly fell off my chair just now laughing out loud. Thanks for the chuckle.
Great story.

my dad still calls it the NXS after having the car for over 3 years. I think people who could care less about cars also could care less what they're called.

I love it when people try to "school" me about the NSX. Its funny I guess the NSX has become so rare that its probably one of the most motor head - owned cars out there, meaning your unlikley to find too many owners out there that don't already know the NSX's specs in almost full detail.

I had some guy in a regular vette arguing with me that my car was made out of cheap plastic.
I wonder if they know that most of there there cars are fiberglass for the past 10 years.

My favorite comments about my car:
-"Thats an Acura Integra, right?"-from an Advance Auto Parts employee.

-"Oh, this is an NSX, the fastest production car ever." -from a guy walking by and admiring it at the Dream Cruise last year showing his vast car knowledge off to his wife. I didn't correct him.

-"I like the NSX-T, you know, cause its the same car but with a turbo."-from some friend of a friend of a friend who I gave a ride to.

My favorite comments about my car:
-"Thats an Acura Integra, right?"-from an Advance Auto Parts employee.

-"Oh, this is an NSX, the fastest production car ever." -from a guy walking by and admiring it at the Dream Cruise last year showing his vast car knowledge off to his wife. I didn't correct him.

-"I like the NSX-T, you know, cause its the same car but with a turbo."-from some friend of a friend of a friend who I gave a ride to.

I dont know how many times I have got into an argument with people demanding that the nsx-t is NOT turbo. That if I am correct didnt Honda not make a turbo car untill its 07 suv? Man people dont like hearing no for an answer.

Somthing funny I love to do is. When people approach me and ask to look at the car I gladly tell them sure. They usually ask if its fast and I say " I think its pretty quick". Then its "can you pop the hood". So I do..... Then they look in aww and are either like wow thats cool or wheres the engine. I then tell them its was the first hybrid sports car! :biggrin:

New Sportscar eXperimental silly :eek: :wink: :biggrin: <--spelling.. waa

You must be pulling my leg as I for some years thought my boss was until I found out that he does not care about anything. And then I quit.

Regards

New Sportscar eXperimental? Are you sure? Ive never heard this before.

"Are you sure?"

LOL.

Over here nearly no body knows the NSX and when they see one the say: "Wow a Ferrari!"

Funny thread :smile:

Over here nearly no body knows the NSX and when they see one the say: "Wow a Ferrari!"

I know, but recognizing a NSX and seperating it from Ferrari's without being a car-enthusiast is perhaps not a easy thing to do. My little brother goes "wow did you see that Ferrari??" whenever a older MR2 passes :) But I can't say a thing, because I'm like that when it comes to motorcycles. My lack of knowledge for motorbikes is terrible. I'm sure a MC enthusiast would laugh at me too. (But I wish to expand that knowledge, although I'm far from a MC fanatic)

NSX ignorance abounds.

A friend of mine was pulled over once and the officer almost gave him a ticket for illegally moving the engine from the front to the rear.

Many people think it is made by Nissan. It must be the NSX/NX confusion.

Many people think a well-kept NA1 Coupe is a new model.

Then you have the people who presume to educate you about the history or the performance or the value of the car because they read something on the internet or heard something from a friend.

...because they read something on the internet or heard something from a friend.

Magazine racers!! :biggrin: Do'h, everybody knows everything on the internet is 100% true.

One thing I don't like is the "uh, only 280 hp?"-generation of todays 500-hp sedan times. The same generation that don't understand how a 150 hp Elise can outrun a 500 hp M5 on a small sized track.

A friend of mine was pulled over once and the officer almost gave him a ticket for illegally moving the engine from the front to the rear.

Too funny. Although I can't say what I would have done in that situation, I would like to think that I would have challenged the officer to go ahead and give me a ticket, then have the both of us explain to the judge in court our respective sides.

THAT would have been an interesting conversation.

Back