• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hi DC'ers

Happy New Year everyone! Just wondering how everyone is doing and what you're up to? Personally, I was playing Golf in Palm Beach Gardens, FL last Thursday and it was 80 degrees. It's back to work and a different world now :eek:

Reg. my NSX, I've been thinking lately if I should sell it and put the money in my son's education fund. Frankly, if it wasn't such a hassle, I would have done it. Otherwise, I'll just keep putting more money into it :wink:

Well, let's get some dialogue rolling & see what everyone is up to.

I got engaged about 3 weeks ago. She and I are heading to Hawaii for our 2nd time this February. Her brother just bought 20 acres out there, so we've been invited each year.....and it's a free place to stay!!!!

I finally got around to upgrading the stock headers on my car. :redface: Just installed comptech headers and the prospeed stage3 chip. Haven't had a chance to really get into it due to this dang arctic weather lately.

I'm still on the sideline after selling my NSX a year ago... now happily have 2 young children and a minivan (although I still browse the sale ads for another nsx).

Gleibig- Congrats on your engagement.

congrats to Gleibig!

I love Hawaii! Which island will you be staying?

I did take my car out for a spin last weekend. It's due for an oil change though.

I got engaged about 3 weeks ago. She and I are heading to Hawaii for our 2nd time this February. Her brother just bought 20 acres out there, so we've been invited each year.....and it's a free place to stay!!!!

I finally got around to upgrading the stock headers on my car. :redface: Just installed comptech headers and the prospeed stage3 chip. Haven't had a chance to really get into it due to this dang arctic weather lately.

Congrats and enjoy your trip!

congrats to Gleibig!

I love Hawaii! Which island will you be staying?

I did take my car out for a spin last weekend. It's due for an oil change though.

We always stay on the big island. Last year, we took a boat out to within a couple yards of where the lava flowed into the ocean. It was amazing.

Hey primers,

It's funny to see that everyone responding is all in Maryland =P

Looks like I'll be further contributing to that trend.

Happy New Year everyone! Just wondering how everyone is doing and what you're up to? Personally, I was playing Golf in Palm Beach Gardens, FL last Thursday and it was 80 degrees. It's back to work and a different world now :eek:

Reg. my NSX, I've been thinking lately if I should sell it and put the money in my son's education fund. Frankly, if it wasn't such a hassle, I would have done it. Otherwise, I'll just keep putting more money into it :wink:

I'm tired of this frigid weather already! At least I got take my NSX out for a quick spin before sending her back to the shop for the 90k maint. it was refreshing!

Congrats on the engagement. Hawaii is still one of those places I have yet to visit. Let us know how the headers+chip works out for ya when you get a chance.

We always stay on the big island. Last year, we took a boat out to within a couple yards of where the lava flowed into the ocean. It was amazing.

Awesome! We stayed at the Hilton Waikoloa couple of years ago. I love the big island much more than Oahu.

Awesome! We stayed at the Hilton Waikoloa couple of years ago. I love the big island much more than Oahu.

His property there is pretty incredible. We sat there one day and watched humpback whales breach for several hours. We always get invited in February, I just wish the offshore fishing was better that time of year.

Congrats gleibig.

Just got my Black '96 back on Sunday after leaving it with a detail shop in Bathesda for a week, now just waiting for warm weather and longer days.

Jack

I'm just waiting for some rain to clear the salt/sand off of the roads so I can take the NSX out. I'm getting itchy for a run...

Other than that, I'm planning for spring time work: supplies for oil/transmission fluid change, setting aside cash for TB/WP change and new autocross tires.

I haven't driven mine since the big snow storm; I only dug out one side of the driveway and I'm still waiting for the snow to melt on the other side. I've been wondering if it's okay to drive on the salty roads if they are dry. I guess I'll follow Patrick and wait for the rain to clear the roads of salt.

My wife and I are planning to drive the NSX to Idaho this summer. I've got a 2004 with 28,000 miles and I'm debating whether or not to have the timing belt replaced before we leave or wait until the end of the year. Any advice?
Meanwhile, Hawaii and Florida are sounding better every day. This is one cold winter in D.C.

I've driven mine the past two days. My truck is sitting at home with a flat tire and it's just to darn cold out to change it. I know, I'm a wuss. :tongue:

Happy New Year All!

I have been laying low since the birth of my son last April. I did take the NSX out last week only because I had to go through DC inspection. It was the first time that they did not hassle me about my aftermarket steering wheel! Other than that, It is sitting in the garage for a long winter's rest!

We are heading to Puerto Rico next week to get away from this cold weather! Can’t wait!

All the best!

Nate in DC

Attachments

• Family.jpg
    Family.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 82
I haven't driven mine since the big snow storm; I only dug out one side of the driveway and I'm still waiting for the snow to melt on the other side. I've been wondering if it's okay to drive on the salty roads if they are dry. I guess I'll follow Patrick and wait for the rain to clear the roads of salt.
Well, it looks like we're going to get a little more snow (besides the dusting this morning) starting Thursday night. If you're going to get it out, tomorrow sounds like a good day...

I don't think they put as much salt down this time around- I'm more worried about the sand and getting sandblasted following someone, as there's a lot of it left on the roads.

Happy New Year all. My nsx is in hibernation as well, still lots of salt and yuck on the ground to take a drive............April where are you.

Happy New Year all. My nsx is in hibernation as well, still lots of salt and yuck on the ground to take a drive............April where are you.

Hey, Dynamic, what a great set of wheels you own. I drove a 1988 Legend with a stick shift for fourteen years. I sold it and bought a TL in 2002, mainly to avoid shifting in this awful D.C. traffic. My daughter, age 16, is bugging me to get her a motor cycle. She's just now learning to drive a car and I'm reluctant to buy her a bike, but I'm thinking about it. Any recommendations for a beginner's bike?

Hey, Dynamic, what a great set of wheels you own. I drove a 1988 Legend with a stick shift for fourteen years. I sold it and bought a TL in 2002, mainly to avoid shifting in this awful D.C. traffic. My daughter, age 16, is bugging me to get her a motor cycle. She's just now learning to drive a car and I'm reluctant to buy her a bike, but I'm thinking about it. Any recommendations for a beginner's bike?

I just got the M license this July.. but with the drivers here I am very reluctant to buy a bike and ride myself..

With that said, have her take the BRC course first and see how she does before getting anything.

My vote would be a used Ninja 250 on CL... then sell it for about the same price after she out-grew it.

thanks Kennyc, get her a kawasaki 500, great begginner bike, not to small yet not so powerful for her. If your looking to purchase a used one I start buying bikes for my inventory around februaryish for the spring rush. As for my rare 6 speed coupe type 2 engine acura legend........well you understand the love, LOl

My 91 is on jack stands in the garage for the duration. Gonna pull the calipers and paint them (black w/white lettering), change out the brake lines and fluid, and maybe take a look at the injector o-rings. Other than that she sits under her cover waiting for warmer days.

I finally pulled the NSX out. I went to start it, and when the starter only turned over a few times, I ended up having to jumpstart it. While it's running, I thought I might as well go drive 2 miles to top off on gas and a run to the store.

I finally pulled the NSX out. I went to start it, and when the starter only turned over a few times, I ended up having to jumpstart it. While it's running, I thought I might as well go drive 2 miles to top off on gas and a run to the store.

My NSX has had an Odyssey PC925 lightweight, small battery for years so I start the car once a week and let it run for 15-20 mins. Its prolly tough battery though, as it ran fully out once last year but still charged back to normal and has not let me down. Should get a trickle charger but too lazy :frown:

Just got back from an overseas business trip the other day. I'm really eager to get the NSX on the road for a bit but I'm waiting for the salt to clear out with a massive amount of runoff from melting snow or rain like today. :(

Other than that, I'm planning for spring time work: supplies for oil/transmission fluid change, setting aside cash for TB/WP change and new autocross tires.

Anywhere specific you trust and prefer to have it done at? I'm due to get mine done so it's on my agenda. Maybe we should look into or consider group pricing for 2-3 NSX's in the area to get done at the same place at the same time and pass off some savings to everyone. Hmmm

Back