• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hi I'm Luke and I'm a new NSX owner

Well folks, after approximately 6 months of searching, I finally found my girl. Shes a 92 with 90k miles, in absolutely pristine condition with a few tasteful mods. Shes been for sale on here before about 4 years ago, but I found her on autotrader. I got what I think to be a great deal and I financed thru PenFed at 1.99% so that really eases the pain on the wallet. Her carfax (couple minor bumps) wasnt flawless, but thanks to some great advice from some great primers (particularly JD Cross, who offered me personalized help almost every step of the way) and a satisfactory inspection and run down of the check list, she made the cut and is now in my car port. I picked her up in florida and drove her back. Nothing too exciting on the long drive home, just lots and lots of rain and a couple of silly corvette owners who wanted to race (during dry stretches of course). I respectfully declined, but gave her throttle a little nudge just to appease their curiosity. She has some mild mods including brand new BC adjustable coil overs (any body know anything about these?) a tasteful performance exhaust, apparently a bored throttle body and an intake.

Her pros (besides the obvious ones):

• shes immaculate.
  • came with two sets of wheels.
  • already has the mods i wanted to do so that saves me some cash
  • all (scheduled) maintenance is up to date, so I literally have to do nothing
  • I paid 25k
  • brand new michelin pilots all around. literally. brand new
  • last owned by a perfectionist of a mechanic who owns over a dozen cars

her cons:

• shes red. i had my mind, not my heart, set on a black one. i'll learn to love red
  • shes a little low and/or the front wheels are a little wide/tall and scrub the fender liners on full turns
  • she rides a little rough, i set the BC's to full soft and its a little better, but dang, I've driven a stock nsx and it was schmoooooth
  • I catch a few weird noises from her now and then; front left clankety clunk sound when i roll over rough road or any sort of uneven pavement at low speeds (< 45 mph) any helpful ideas would be appreciated. front strut? brake caliper springs? steering rack? opinions?
  • Another noise i get is at the low end of 2nd or 3rd gear, as soon as i shift and press the throttle i get a vibrating sound. almost like a loose heat shield, but i dont think thats the case
  • the anti-lock light is on. the seller disclosed this pre-purchase, and I used it to negotiate, I did do my research and I know it can be a pricey fix. any nod to some links or threads about this issue would be appreciated

Pics to come soon, as soon as she is 100% detailed. I literally spent the entire day yesterday detailing her paint. wash, clay, wash, polish, wax. Tomorrow is the interior. Luckily literally every piece of fabric besides the leather seats (also in amazing shape) is brand new. New carpets, dash, mats, trunk liner, everything, so doing the inside wont be a tough job.

Anyway, thanks again to all of yall and I'm excited to join the fam and meet all of you in raleigh for NSXPO!
If any of yall have any insight on the issues mentioned above (bc coilovers and ride height and smoothness, front left clank noise, early shift vibration, and anti lock light)
Thanks!
Luke

- - - Updated - - -

Also, please dont hesitate to tell me things you may know about this car. I've bought her and the deal is done, I'd rather know than not. Her VIN is

JH4NA1155NT000678

Welcome to prime and congrats on your purchase. Looks like you got a pretty sick deal on yours. I to have my anti lock yellow light gleaming at me. I've read that it could be a wheel speed sensor. I just haven't got around to see which one it is.

Looking forward to seeing pics.

Luke
Welcome to NSX ownership
And always remember that the 91 black ones are much faster than the 92 red ones. :)

welcome to ownership.what size tires? Are the swaybars aftermarket? Are you out of snap ring range?

Luke
Welcome to NSX ownership
And always remember that the 91 black ones are much faster than the 92 red ones. :)

which is why i wanted a black one! however, everyone knows red paint gets more horsepower

- - - Updated - - -

welcome to ownership.what size tires? Are the swaybars aftermarket? Are you out of snap ring range?

thanks doc, i've got 285/30 19s on the rear and 225/40 18 on the front. what do you think?
actually i dont see a front sway bar at all. they're usually attached to the top of the strut mounts correct?
i never checked the snap ring issue with this car because if its higher mileage. i suppose theres a chance i may regret that in the future, but probably a very small one.

Welcome to the ownership club. Don't know if you're aware of it yet but you might want to check ouit the NSX Wiki which you can access from the red action bar at the top of most pages. It has a wealth of information about troubleshooting problems. In the 'modifying' section, you may find information about tire fitment issues as well. Good luck.

which is why i wanted a black one! however, everyone knows red paint gets more horsepower

- - - Updated - - -

thanks doc, i've got 285/30 19s on the rear and 225/40 18 on the front. what do you think?
actually i dont see a front sway bar at all. they're usually attached to the top of the strut mounts correct?
i never checked the snap ring issue with this car because if its higher mileage. i suppose theres a chance i may regret that in the future, but probably a very small one.
Your front tire is too tall,should be a 35 series,and 215 is a more common front width.The sway bar is below decks just resting above the front battery/spare tire tray..you are thinking of a front strut tower brace.

Welcome to the NSX Community! Great and knowledgeable group of guys here!

Back