• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HID installation trouble, helppppp

I bought a set of HID made by McCullock, I followed the instructions on how to install them. I plugged the power plug from the ignitor (which connected to the ballast) to the 12V output of the car, and 2 connections to the HID bulb, pretty straight forward. Of course I have already unplugged the fuses before installation, and plugged the fuses back in before I tested them out; but unfortunately, they did not work. Both did not light up even for a second. It was not a voltage problem cause I installed the OEM bulbs on and they worked fine. Any idea to where I have to check or is there anything mysterious that I need to know???:( Any input will be great help for me.

Thanks

Xcite50 said:
I bought a set of HID made by McCullock, I followed the instructions on how to install them. I plugged the power plug from the ignitor (which connected to the ballast) to the 12V output of the car, and 2 connections to the HID bulb, pretty straight forward.

In the OEM lamp housing, the Red wire is Negative and the White wire is positve. I used 2 auto 30Amp relays straight to the battery fused for power to the ballasts.

See here for more install info
thanks,HID Install Group Buy Info

Thanks for your replies guys,

I received a kit that was already prewired, the ballast and the igniter are wired together. Out from the igniter there are two plugs, one is female the other is male. The female is plugged into the male of the bulb, and vice versa. Out from the ballast is a 12V plug that is male, and the 12V plug on the car is female. All plugs have slits that can only go in one way, seems like a very simple setup that does not require splicing of wires. Please let me know, as for polarity... I couldn't put any other way because the plugs all have slits that could only go in one way. Any other ideas guys>>:mad:

Thanks

Found the problem guys, I had to break open the manufactured plug but it worked. I switched the wires, and it worked I had to buy another connector for them.

Thanks guys

You don't have to cut the end off I foung by using a small jewlers screw driver you can gently pry the small tab holding blk and wht conductor spades in the reverse plug end. All you need to do then is reverse the positve and negative blk and wht wires.

Back