• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HID lights

I have a kit but still trying to figure how to get around the cap. If I drill a hole, want to make sure its sealed up

I was worried about that too, until I found out the previous owner had drilled the dust caps for a HID kit that had long been removed, and I had been running around just fine without moisture problems for over a year of ownership. In that time I lived in the varying enviroments of Hawaii, California, and now Utah.

Got the same kit from white still running strong. very easy to install just plug and play
i got the 6000k heres a pic

Attachments

• z80508381.jpg
    z80508381.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 160
i just got these in stock.
super slim HID kits
102_7724_copy.jpg

hurry
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=956219#post956219

Why do whitensx's hid kits more money?
There are huge differences among qualities and prices of HID kits out there. Some Prime vendors sell the cheapest HID in the world such as the following
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acur...temQQhashZitem190201236843QQitemZ190201236843
At $150 to $190 on Prime, they are surely less expensive than my kit.
Some unscrupulous vendors even falsely claim these HID as "all German" or "JDM Japanese" just to deceive buyers. With the 200% markup, these are certainly hugely profitable.
I could have also sold these on Prime to make a killing if I were in that position. However, I have no intention to compete with any of these vendors nor wanting to make a quick buck off Prime members.
I have seen excellent Chinese made HIDs but these are certainly not among them.
I firmly believe that since the NSX is such a high quality car, the HID that deserves to be installed on it has to be high quality too. Being a NSX hobbyist, I want to build a kit that fellow NSXers can easily install without any fuss. I started out with a high quality kit which is quite expensive to start with. A vendor on Prime sells the same kit for more than $400. I add many custom parts and a custom installation manual specific to the NSX. The resultant kit is a true plug and play kit which does not require any modifications of your OEM components.
Since my announcement of the new HID kits, I have already sold 5 of them out of the eight I have in stock despite cheaper kits out there. Similarly, there are $400 crappy NSX-R replica wing and $2000+ quality counterpart.
I am more than happy to build you a kit if you choose mine.
Thanks,
Steve

Last edited:
Steve,

What brand is yours?

There are huge differences among qualities and prices of HID kits out there. Some Prime vendors sell the cheapest HID in the world such as the following
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acur...temQQhashZitem190201236843QQitemZ190201236843
At $150 to $190 on Prime, they are surely less expensive than my kit.
Some unscrupulous vendors even falsely claims these HID as "all German" or "JDM Japanese" just to deceive buyers. With the 200% markup, these are certainly hugely profitable.
I could have also sold these on Prime to make a killing if I were in that position. However, I have no intention to compete with any of these vendors nor wanting to make a quick buck off Prime members.
I have seen excellent Chinese made HIDs but these are certainly not among them.
I firmly believe that since the NSX is such a high quality car, the HID that deserves to be installed on it has to be high quality too. Being a NSX hobbyist, I want to build a kit that fellow NSXers can easily install without any fuss. I started out with a high quality kit which is quite expensive to start with. A vendor on Prime sells the same kit for more than $400. I add many custom parts and a custom installation manual specific to the NSX. The resultant kit is a true plug and play kit which does not require any modifications of your OEM components.
Since my announcement of the new HID kits, I have already sold 5 of them out of the eight I have in stock despite cheaper kits out there. Similarly, there are $400 crappy NSX-R replica wing and $2000+ quality counterpart.
I am more than happy to build you a kit if you choose mine.
Thanks,
Steve

Does someone have a pic of the grommet.

DDM%20021%20(Medium).jpg

The kit that I am doing the GB for (http://nsx.dabears2k.com) is one of the top kits on the market, and as people on prime have seen, the install is plug and play, and the quality is TOP NOTCH.

$170 WITH LIFETIME warranty for a 55w kit.

Why buy a 35w kit for slightly less, or in some cases more, when you can get the 55w kit, which is 2x as bright, for $170??

Thanks

I am using a kit from a Lexus (Ballast/bulbs). I dont want any moisture getting in the headlights.

Thanks

I am using a kit from a Lexus (Ballast/bulbs). I dont want any moisture getting in the headlights.

If you have happy with your current kit(besides the moisture issue), I think all you need is the rubber grommet to seal the cap. This would solve the moisture issue....and only cost a few dollars.

I've had 3 HID kits for my NSX already. First one was a straight McCulloch HID kit without the extra power line and it was just ok. Quality was good, but overall light output wasn't all that great (better than stock halogens, but not by much). Color temp was around 7000k and the kit was 35 watts.

After that I bought WhiteNSXs plug and play kit with the extra dust caps. This was also a McCulloch Kit (his older kit, not his new digital kit) but had an extra power wire attached to it. I got the 6000K temperature and light output was greatly increased even though it was also a 35 watt kit. Overall build quality was EXCELLENT and I never had a single problem with this his kit whatsoever.

Finally I opped to try the Apexcone 55Watt kits currently being sold by Dabears2k and XenonExpert.com. These kits are mostly plug and play but require you to drill a hole in your dust caps. Also, these kits need to be modified because the polarity is incorrect. You have to modify the plug to get it to work. So far though, it has worked ok (I've had one or two times when I fire them up but they don't come on - but I try it again immediately and it fires), but I also have Apexcone kits on my Mazda and they haven't always worked 100%. Overall brightness beats all the others (its 55watts vs the 35 watt), but I noticed "bright spots" in the lighting. Light isn't as evenly despersed in the NSX as it is in the Mazda but this is probably do to the NSX headlight design. There is a huge bright spot directly in front of the car. Price on this kit is considerably cheaper, but I don't know how long they'll last. . . if WhiteNSXs offered a 55 watt kit, it would be a no brainer to get his.

I've had 3 HID kits for my NSX already. First one was a straight McCulloch HID kit without the extra power line and it was just ok. Quality was good, but overall light output wasn't all that great (better than stock halogens, but not by much). Color temp was around 7000k and the kit was 35 watts.

After that I bought WhiteNSXs plug and play kit with the extra dust caps. This was also a McCulloch Kit (his older kit, not his new digital kit) but had an extra power wire attached to it. I got the 6000K temperature and light output was greatly increased even though it was also a 35 watt kit. Overall build quality was EXCELLENT and I never had a single problem with this his kit whatsoever.

Finally I opped to try the Apexcone 55Watt kits currently being sold by Dabears2k and XenonExpert.com. These kits are mostly plug and play but require you to drill a hole in your dust caps. Also, these kits need to be modified because the polarity is incorrect. You have to modify the plug to get it to work. So far though, it has worked ok (I've had one or two times when I fire them up but they don't come on - but I try it again immediately and it fires), but I also have Apexcone kits on my Mazda and they haven't always worked 100%. Overall brightness beats all the others (its 55watts vs the 35 watt), but I noticed "bright spots" in the lighting. Light isn't as evenly despersed in the NSX as it is in the Mazda but this is probably do to the NSX headlight design. There is a huge bright spot directly in front of the car. Price on this kit is considerably cheaper, but I don't know how long they'll last. . . if WhiteNSXs offered a 55 watt kit, it would be a no brainer to get his.

"Misfires" of the kit not lighting up on the first try are based on the car not supplying the amount of power needed to fire the kit. If you wait about 5-10 seconds after starting the car for the alternator to recharge the battery a little bit, you will almost 100% eliminate the chance of misfires.

As far as quality of my kit and how long it will last, I wouldn't give everyone a lifetime warranty if I didn't know it was going to last a lifetime ;)

As far as quality of my kit and how long it will last, I wouldn't give everyone a lifetime warranty if I didn't know it was going to last a lifetime ;)

dont carried away with your own hype that your generic hids will last a "life time"

did you test it for a life time?

or you just charging so much move over cost that you can send 2x replacements for the same 170$ :wink:

where can we find you in 1,2, 5 years?

lets call apples apples. im in the business. i know your ball park prices since there are limited manufactures in asia that can supply that specific blast.

at 170. you can definitly afford to replace them 2 more times. :biggrin:

I have the Xetronic kit from Japan on my car that I bought from evof575gtc. They've been working perfectly on my car since 2005. They cost more than the cheap ones from China though, you can ask Erick if he still sells them. I seen them at the Japanese Mini Mall here in So. Cali in Costa Mesa..it's in the store Autofreak inside Mitsuwa. Everything in the store is imported from Japan and everyone who works there is Japanese also, he assured me that the kit is from Japan unlike some of the other kits on Ebay. Erick sells it for considerably less than they do. :wink:

at 170. you can definitly afford to replace them 2 more times. :biggrin:

It's not how many replacements I buy for the price of one "more expensive kit". It's the fact that I don't want some cheap @ss HID (whichever that one is) to cause my wires to burn up or even worse, CATCH MY CAR ON FIRE!!!!! :eek:

That's why I'm too scared to try ANYONE'S discounted HID on prime, ebay or wherever. I'm also too poor to afford WhiteNSX's kit. So I've stuck with stock and found that if you aim them properly, actually a little above "normal", it still proves GREAT light output. In addition, sometimes you find one you've got confidence in BUT they don't provide the temp you want (for me, it's 5000k. I don't want any of that blue or purple "stuff" and I want my lights to match every other OEM HID on the road for cop issues).

"Misfires" of the kit not lighting up on the first try are based on the car not supplying the amount of power needed to fire the kit. If you wait about 5-10 seconds after starting the car for the alternator to recharge the battery a little bit, you will almost 100% eliminate the chance of misfires.

I do this and I also added the extra wiring harness to my lights in all the applications I got. Still have misfire issues, though they are less frequent now.

It's not how many replacements I buy for the price of one "more expensive kit". It's the fact that I don't want some cheap @ss HID (whichever that one is) to cause my wires to burn up or even worse, CATCH MY CAR ON FIRE!!!!! :eek:

I don't think Ron98 was referring to replacement kits for you to buy.

I think he was trying to say that Dabears2k purchases his HID kits from his supplier at such a low cost that he can afford to replace faulty units up to 2 times and still come out on top. But that's just how businesses work.

Back