• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

High Country Challenge

First, i would like to say i have a blast last year!

http://www.highcountrychallenge.com/
Logo1.jpg

What is this?
The High Country Challenge is a self-guided driving event through the heart of Americana. We provide the sponsor stops, you determine the route. An automotive adventure where you get to see beautiful sights, interesting locations, and great roads.

Where is it located?
The event this year will be centered in and around the beautiful mountains of western North Carolina.

Why should you participate?
Proceeds from the event are donated to a beneficiary each year. The NCNG Soldier and Airmen's Family Assistance Fund will once again be the recipient.

Who can play?
Anyone. We recognize one driver or one driver and one navigator as a team. Cars, trucks, motorcycles, scooters, bicycles are all welcome.

Cost?
$50 per vehicle; includes a light dinner at the last stop and all proceeds go to charity.

Prizes?
Grand Prize - All expenses paid (hotel room for one night and gas money for the day)
Additional prizes – Product and Service donations from Event and Route Sponsors

How does the event work?
The participants will visit as many of our route sponsor stops as they desire. At each stop, trip tickets are available that will be used to qualify for the drawings at the end of the event. The more locations you visit the more drawing entries you earn. Pretty simple. Beyond that....we're not going to tell you how to get to each location or when you have to be there. The number of route stops will be kept relatively low in order to provide you with the most flexibility to get out, relax and enjoy the countryside.
ncngbannerlogo.gif
RendezvousRidge.jpg

Here are a few random pics from the event last year:
DSC_2043.jpg

DSC_2090.jpg

DSC_2098.jpg

IMG_3086.jpg

Looks fun. It appears to be a small tight group too. Is this the second annual?
The 2008 pictures do not look like October. The pictures sure look like a Nissan rally.

If I can figure out a way to get my X up there I will drive the hills with you guys.

Looks fun. It appears to be a small tight group too. Is this the second annual? The 2008 pictures do not look like October.

It's a blast. Everyone who attended last year enjoyed it. Last year was our first time out, so the turnout was a little small since it was new. But we're hoping to get more people and more cars out for this year's event.

Last year's event was actually in September. We had great weather that day.

The pictures sure look like a Nissan rally.

Well..last year's event was presented by the Carolina Z Club....so most of the Z cars you see are members from the club. But the event always has been and is currently open to everyone. Thus far this year we've got 3 Mustangs, and a BMW to go along with the 3 Nissans (one is an R33 Skyline) and 1 Infiniti.

We would love to add your NSX to our number for this year. In fact, we'd love to have a bunch of NSX's come out and join us (or any car/truck/whatever for that matter).

If I can figure out a way to get my X up there I will drive the hills with you guys.

Glad to hear it. You've obviously been to the website, so you know about the hotels we've set up. If you're looking to tow....I'm sure trailer rentals are possible.

So...just a quick run down of this year's sponsors and stops to date...

Partner Organizations:
Carolina Z Club
ZDayZ

Gold Sponsors:
CarboTech
Asphalt Ventures (Free track day on the table.....)
Boosted Performance

Silver Sponsors:
Supercar Sensation
Wilkes Web Solutions
Hooters of Lake Norman (Free Chicken....and good scenery....)
Spotless Detail

Bronze Sponsor:
The Pit

And now for this year's confirmed stops:
There will be four regular stops, 1 mystery stop and the whole thing ends at the Winery. To date we have three of the four nailed down along with the final destination. Kevin and I are hoping to have the remaining stop nailed down this week.

Returning for their second year....

todds.jpg

This store was our innagural mystery stop. They've stepped up this year to be one of our regular stops

MastStackColorGreen_web.jpg

New to the lineup this year is a great store that's been around since 1914.

toddgenstore.jpg

And finally, making the jump from stop to playing host to the evening portion of the event....

RendezvousRidge.jpg

As I said, we hope to confirm our last remaining stop this week.

Last edited:
Just a quick update: We added Discount Tire as a sponsor yesterday morning. On top of that, we've confirmed the caterer for dinner at the Winery, which will be the Brushy Mountain Smokehouse. Our last route stop has been confirmed as well...check the website for details. Lastly, we've confirmed another partner club...which will be the Tarheel Sports Car Club.

umm, what about it being fun? I'm walking the route this year. :redface:
My car STILL isn't done. Hopefully i'll make a Dragon run later in October.

I still have to figure out if i'll be able to navigate for someone.
Maybe i'll just rent a car! :biggrin:

The Challenge is this weekend! Come on out and join the fun. We should have a pretty good turnout with some very nice cars!

Back