• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

High HP with a Targa car

Good stuff AATA, I'm sure I can speak for the rest of us when I say that we were'nt trying to attack or flame you. It's just that we've heard proof lacking claims before and many of us are beginning to feel a little skeptical. Hey, if the car you speak of really is as powerful as you say it is, I'm sure many of us will want to learn more so that maybe we can purchase it or at least replicate the design.

Big power with the NSX is the goal of many owners--so please, do tell. I hope you understand where we are coming from!

Regards:cool:
ravi

AATA said:
Pick at it all you want!
Don't want to pick at it, but would like to hear more about it. Obviously, at the HP number you are talking about, your SC system is a custom setup of sorts. How did you go about it, i.e., who did the work, what blower, ECU, internal mods, etc. How is the TQ curve? Have you experienced any drive train failures yet? Some of the high HP turbos have found that the CV's will break before the tranny. Break any of those yet?

AATA said:
...Just so no one goes crazy waiting for the compression and Boost it's 9.5:1 and 11 and the AF ratio never went above 12.5 and the actuall HP was 539 not 540 in case anyone wants to get technical. Pick at it all you want!

Pretty lofty numbers for 11psi. What displacement is the engine? Any changes to cams, valves, ports, throttle body? At what RPM was that HP achieved?

So, you stayed at 3.0 liter and no sleeve work? Did you modify the valve cover baffles? Have any pics to share!?

AATA said:
Forgot to add the Darton Sleeves, but it is still a 3.0. The valve cover baffles were not modified. Don't have any pics of the assembly process. Have pics of it completed but don't wish to post.

Why won't you post pics, is it a secret. That doesn't make any sense to me. :rolleyes: If you truly have what you say you have you should be proud and want to show it off. I know I am proud of my choice.

What shop did your work?

How much torque are you getting with that centrifical blower?

When does your boost start coming on? What RPM?

What RPM do you have full boost?

Do you plan on coming to any of the NSX club meetings and when?

Please give us some useful info this time. The vague answers are making you appear to be full of Sh^&.

Targa Stiffness + High Power

"so much so that the '95(?) Le Mans NSX was based on the T body. "

Keep in mind the LeMans race car had a roll cage, which considerably stiffens the chasis. Prob would not make a difference if it was based on Coupe or Targa to begin. The ideal to me would be a 97+ Coupe body as it's even stiffer than a 91-94 Coupe, benefitting from some of the Targa's reinforcements.

-Fabian
91 BBSC Red/Black

Hmmm...

Looks like AATA deleted his last post. Wonder why......

[Edit]: Looks like all of his posts have been deleted! Lud?

AATA is real

AATA, or maybe more appropriately, his builder, wants to keep things under wrap because they don't plan to offer a "kit" of sorts for sale. Just want to avoid what would be a plethora of phone calls, etc. Yes, I know this for fact but don't ask ask me who, etc. ;) :p

Back