• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

highest mileage nsx ever!!

Charlotte is my baby. I always update the current mileage in my sig. She just rolled by 232,000 miles. It's nice to see another high mileage car out there. Do you drive it as much as I do? I average about 3000 mles per month. I picked up the car in November '03 with 70,000 miles on it.

Well, i just acquired the car last week. So i don't know how much i will drive it. :) I'm away at college during the week, so i will only see it on the weekends. :( I'm afraid to bring it up here since 2 of my 3000gts have had minor vandalism this semester. i will probably average about 100-200 miles on most weekends, though. i still have 2 3000gt vr4s and 2 3000gt sls that i drive as well. but i need to sell 1 or 2 to loosen up my cash flow after buying the nsx. ...I don't make much money going to college. :(

The story so as I heard it is that most of the miles were put on by the owner prior to Mike who was a doctor. One thing I remember was the fender on that car was almost ripped off once by a flat tire. The bolsters on the seat showed a lot of use. :) The records for that car's maintenance were almost all on the systems at the dealership and there's been a lot of money spent to properly maintain the car. It wasn't that it was a lot of money because the car kept breaking down, but maintenance costs add up over 300,000+ miles. Mike offered to buy the car from the doctor and got a great deal on it and also knowing the complete service history.

Mike is a great guy who knew that I once had a bad experience at their dealership and he PM'd me here to take care of me and invite me back into their new dealership where he let me take pictures of the service area.

For your car, if you don't have it already, I would try to call someone up at Keyes who can dig up the complete service record on that car.

I called keyes, and they have already purged almost all of the service records for the nsx. :( only a few oil changes since 2004 still remain.

I don't make much money going to college. :(

Start up one of thoe co-ed voyeur websites. You'll rake in a fortune. Congrats on your NSX. Feel free to ask anytime you need help or advice. You'll find the people on this board are always eager to help.

I called keyes, and they have already purged almost all of the service records for the nsx. :( only a few oil changes since 2004 still remain.

I'm too lazy to search but I believe Mike also once posted a summary of the maintenance performed on that car. Just a summary though, kind of like a total of all the money spent maintaining that car and a small list of work done on it.

Start up one of thoe co-ed voyeur websites. You'll rake in a fortune. Congrats on your NSX. Feel free to ask anytime you need help or advice. You'll find the people on this board are always eager to help.

Ha! ...wait, isn't that illegal? I believe it's a felony if u get caught. Unless the party involved is aware of the camera. ...i think. ??? Plus, I'm at an engineering school where the female population is small and rather unsightly. Still....:)

I was wondering something. The braking system was not as responsive as the 3000gt and i was wondering if it was just my system (glazed pads?) or if the system was just underdeveloped?

Ha! ...wait, isn't that illegal? I believe it's a felony if u get caught. Unless the party involved is aware of the camera. ...i think. ??? Plus, I'm at an engineering school where the female population is small and rather unsightly. Still....:)

I was wondering something. The braking system was not as responsive as the 3000gt and i was wondering if it was just my system (glazed pads?) or if the system was just underdeveloped?

I think the brake system is quite good, perhaps your fluid is old and/or your pads are in need of some attention.

I'm too lazy to search but I believe Mike also once posted a summary of the maintenance performed on that car. Just a summary though, kind of like a total of all the money spent maintaining that car and a small list of work done on it.

I searched Mikes posts. He said that between him and the doctor, there was over $60k in maintanance not counting the tires! Of course, i'm assuming that included the axle replacement and paint from the blowout. It would really be nice to have actual records, but life goes on.

Last edited:
First of all - CONGRATS on the car.

2nd - Why the hell would you own 4 3000 GT's?:confused: Specially while in college?:confused:

hit 361,000 this weekend

Any pics of the odometer and speedometer together? I want to show this to someone in Japan, and they'll want to confirm it's in miles, not km. :smile:

Thanks. I will try that. it would be nice to have some records, because i have nill at the moment.

So you bought an NSX with 340,000 miles on it and NO SERVICE RECORDS??? :eek:

I hope it was about free.

First of all - CONGRATS on the car.

2nd - Why the hell would you own 4 3000 GT's?:confused: Specially while in college?:confused:

Ha! I buy them with blown motors, etc. and rebuild them and sell for extra money/hobby. I have sold 2 and am getting ready to sell a 3rd. I am keeping the 2 vr4s for pleasure and one non-turbo for daily driving.

I call BS.

Why? Call Keyes Acura in L.A. they have done every service up to 355,000 miles. Then mike, (the service manager that owned the car and worked there and was also a member on here who posted pics of the odometer) sold it to a friend who i inturn bought it from at 360,000 miles 2 weeks ago.

I have seen and followed this car since about 2001 or so. I remember when Mike bought it. I am pretty sure those miles are legit. Should be a very well maintained vehicle for you.. Just stay on top of it!

Congrats on the car!

What do you mean the tach is metric????? its rev/min!!! What the heck is a metric tach?

A metric tach is one with denominators based on a decimal base, and in which the relevant numerator is arrived at by simply moving the decimal point. On a metric tachometer, when the indicator needle points at the 5, for example, you would multiply that by the factor of 1000 or by moving the decimal point to the right three places to arrive at 5000 (rpm). I've never seen a tach that that wasn't metric, and that's a good thing.

Sorry, but I don't apologize for my humor. Sorry.

Last edited:
Back