• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Highway Patrol issues ticket for window tint

We live in S CA......targa top should be OFF and windows DOWN at all times ! The only excuse is rain while you are at a standstill.

Got to hate these tint tickets. The first time I got pulled over for it the cop just gave me a warning. He told me " I know its costs a pretty penny sometimes to get a good tint job but I will warn you right now some other cop is probably going to pull you over for this and give you a ticket." I really never knew it was a big problem as long as you didnt have something crazy dark like limo tint. Well after many months a cop got me and I just ripped it off and never got tint again. It looked really cool but wasnt worth the hassle

Well I went ahead and pulled it off and just left it off. It was very close to the 50% allowed. But who wants to take the time to fight it.
Manny

manny
if you ask around maybe you can find a friend that knows a cop that will sign off on the ticket. ..

I sign it off myself. I scribble shit and have been doing this for 10 years. Done 8 tickets so far. Never been questioned or busted. Asking a cop friend to sign it off while it's still on is already shady, so why not leave the cop friend's career out of sight?

NOPE !!!!! that will NOT work.... the prescriptions are ONLY good if you use the TEMPORARY shades... you the kind that sticks on the window with suction cups and can be pulled down like a window shade....

and BTW... the reason cops write those tickets is because of NOT being able to see inside the car when conducting traffic stops.... cant see the driver... or their actions.... nver know whose behind the tint....

OK... put tint on your windows... get a doctors note.... get a ticket.... then go to court and try to get it dismissed.... if you do, i will buy you a lunch :smile:
\

I already have the Doctor's note for the tinted windows.

Been pulled over 5 times already and have used it with no question by CHP.

There was one cop in Mountain View that was smart and said what you said, but he was cool and let me off when I told him that I'm in the Aerospace and Defense industry and that we're on the "same side" (he asked what I did for a living) and let me go free.

Another cop, again, not CHP pulled me over and said the same thing, but then I told him that ONLY the permanent window tint had properties to block 100% of UVA, UVAB, UVC, and IR. The removable ones are useless.

I joked with him that I wasn't interested in wearing a ski-mask and getting pulled over every 5 miles. He laughed and let me go.

use humor. it gives cops warm and fuzzies. even some of them have hearts.

Back