• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hissing coming from speaker between seats

All of the sudden the center speaker is just making a hissing noise. Anyone experienced this? Is it the sub amp??

common problem , just unplug it

Member BrianK would be one of the local experts on the subject. I am sure he will chime in soon or for faster response maybe you can PM him. I would do as the poster above said and just unplug it as it does not work with the stereo and was suppose to work with the phone I belive.

Last edited:
I have the same problem, exactly how do you unplug it

I have the same problem, exactly how do you unplug it

Easiest way is to remove the top cover bhind seats (snap off ) , two side covers behind seats (snap off) and unscrew the console (4 screws under "false floor" of center armrest / console , hint: use duct tape to lift said false floor) , remove 5 screws from center speaker console , then unplug , noe reverse procedure , whole thing might take you 20min - MAX

If the culprit is the footwell amp, how do you remove it to send to briank? ;)

Easiest way is to remove the top cover bhind seats (snap off ) , two side covers behind seats (snap off) and unscrew the console (4 screws under "false floor" of center armrest / console , hint: use duct tape to lift said false floor) , remove 5 screws from center speaker console , then unplug , noe reverse procedure , whole thing might take you 20min - MAX

I would not recommend taking the time to unplug the center speaker. The noise is caused by amp in the foot well failing so unplugging the foot well unit is easier and better.

Back