• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

hit&run

So someone hit&run me earlier this fall, and i've been trying desperatly to get a new rigth backfender (quarter panel) for a euro car. And i've not had great success. (The euro part dosent have blinker!!)

So i'm back to trying to repair the damage, havent dont much effort to stop by local car shops here in norway cause basiclly I dont have any faith in any of em.

Does anyone have any experience with repairing and denting out NSX panels?

(the damage is actually quite "small", kinda like a 20cm dent, and some deep scratches).

I had my front left fender "repaired" by a local shop because it was dented as well. I believe the shop popped the dent back out and putty'ed it smooth with filler. After a repaint, it looks like new.

The other option is to buy a USDM fender and fill in the signal hole. Either way, you'll need to do some work.

The euro body parts are hard to get? I would try a US fender and just do what you need to do.....I wouldn't want to fill or repair a part if its pretty messed up. Better to replace it in my opinion...good luck....maybe procar can help you or AS motorsports can help you.

The euro body parts are hard to get?
Not hard, actually, but ridiculously expensive. The last price I've heard of was around $5k for just a fender.

I once had a hit and run years ago and the fender was rebuild but never had the same shape as before if you watched very closely. The filler will also react after some time and you'll see it. Repainting complicates the procedure even more. Do you have a picture?

:eek: Better try the junkyards......or try usdm or jdm fender? Good luck....:cool:

Not hard, actually, but ridiculously expensive. The last price I've heard of was around $5k for just a fender.

I once had a hit and run years ago and the fender was rebuild but never had the same shape as before if you watched very closely. The filler will also react after some time and you'll see it. Repainting complicates the procedure even more. Do you have a picture?

Thanks for your responses! I'll go take some pictures and show you, its minor damage, but then again very annoying. Gotten some prices from some europe dealers, insane expensive as predicted:wink:

I feel that if i could pressure out the "dent" from behind it, it would actually look good again after a repaint.

pic tomorrow^^

Thank god they missed my door (just by a couple inches), the damage on my car isnt as bad as yours, i feel for you.

Buying two US quarter panels is something i've considered, but just as a last resort. The car is tucked away for the winter, so I'll give it to the summer to try finding a panel. The prices on US panels are 1/10 of the euro ones.

My ad for quarter panels have been very successful, alot of helpful armericans with USDM panels:smile:

Back