• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HKS Camp 2

HKS has come out with a Camp 2. This unit can display data from the OBD II port, FCON iS or VPro, and/or added sensors with addition of the IF unit.

Here is a screen shot of the digital gauge.
DIgBlue.jpg

By pressing a button on the IR remote (included), it can switch to display 3 types of data. You can also change background colors.
Dig2orn.jpg

Or switch to analog, or combination of both
Analog.jpg

You can datalog with it although you cannot save the files.
DataLog.jpg

You can get them at SP Engineering. Call them!

wow , does it still have the fish tank option?!! I bought the orig. CAMP when it first came out - the graphics sucked so bad I took it out and put it back in the box! Have not used it since! Sitting in the box somewhere , I should dig it out and put it in my nsx!

+1...For the record, I own a CAMP 1 system plus ~ $1 grand in needed sensors to make the whole thing fly, yet it was never installed because of lack of tuners that work with HKS.

And I've always wondered when AEM would maka a stand-free unit with video out and a USB access port. ??

Also, why haven't any of these systems offered a wireless reciever device paired with tire pressure sensors, thus giving older cars the ability to monitor tire pressure. After talking to some tuners that worked with CAMP 1, they said that the program would be a no-brainer.

THe FCon and AEM use diferent serial protocols, so the Camp cannot directly interface with the AEM. You can still use pick up signals from the OBD port or separate sensors though.

With OBD I cars without the FCon SZ, iS, or VPro, functionality will be limited. You will only be able to display data from sensors that you will have to add. If you already have the HKS Chrono,DB, or RS gauges that use the IF unit, you can plug it into the Camp2 to display on screen.

No fishes. The old Camp was good in its time, but by todays standards, its total crud. The Camp (old or new) doesnt need a HKS dealer to install it. almost any one with basic wiring experience can install it.

More info can be found on HKS's site
http://www.hksusa.com/info/?id=3474

did HKS came out with a Fcon SZ or iS for the NSX?
i knew that they have the VPro for the NSX, but its very hard to find a good tuner for the Vpro, i never heard anyone using it yet, even on this forum!

I'm glad to see this back! Glad to see it in your car, the screens look great.

The OBD1 cars can use the interface box to show various sensors including oil temp, oil press, fuel press, water temp, etc. This makes it quite functional.

We'll are testing the setup on an OBD1 car. I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers,
-- Chris

I'm glad to see this back! Glad to see it in your car, the screens look great.

The OBD1 cars can use the interface box to show various sensors including oil temp, oil press, fuel press, water temp, etc. This makes it quite functional.

We'll are testing the setup on an OBD1 car. I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Chris, I REALLY want to hear how it works on the ODB1 car. Is this something you might sell?

Nate

did HKS came out with a Fcon SZ or iS for the NSX?
i knew that they have the VPro for the NSX, but its very hard to find a good tuner for the Vpro, i never heard anyone using it yet, even on this forum!

The SZ, or iS will work on the NSX no problem. The issue is, there is no plugin harness offered for the NSX, so, as with the VPro, a custom harness has to be made.

For OBDII cars is it just plug and play? As in, does it get all it's readings straight off the OBD II plug?

For OBD II cars. you just plug into the OBD port and for power, it can be taken from the OBD port, cigarette lighter, or hardwire. Data that can displayed from the port are speed, rpm, water temp, ignition timing, intake temp, O2 voltage, throttle position and manifold pressure. With additional sensors, boost pressure, oil temp, oil pressure, fuel pressure, and egt can be displayed.

How much is it? This is what I have been waiting for. Hopefully its bug free and reliable and has nothing to do with Microsoft.

MSRP is 535.
OBD I cars are kinda SOL unless you are running an FCON. You wont be able to pick up rpm, and speed, throttle position, and A/F value. However, with the interface unit, you can get boost pressure, water temp, oil temp or pressure, fuel pressure or EGT using add on sensors.

For OBD II cars, you may have to try different vehicle settings to read data from the port.

HKS now has an adapter to use with OBD-I cars to pick up speed, rpm, throttle position, and injector duty.

On another note, I dont think the Camp 2 will work on late model NSXs using the OBD port. I have never tested it myself, but heard that it didnt work.

Back