• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HKS F-Con V Pro on OBDII NSX

I've had a few questions about my F-Con V Pro, so I thought that I'd just post my experience.

Setup:
97 OBDII NSX
FX400 Turbo
HKS F-Con V Pro
Elevation: 5600ft

Mike Angel at Factor X in Las Vegas tuned the HKS on my car for the single turbo setup. I've had it for almost a year now (~2500 miles). Lack of hassle is the best thing about this engine management. Since the intitial tune we haven't had to touch the HKS (good thing, I live 750 miles from Vegas). It never needs to be reset or anything. Just get in and drive. The tune is amazing......no turbo lag, good idle, and excellent part throttle response. And the power; 420 to the wheels on stock internals. The install is also pretty clean. It is tucked behind the passenger seat out of sight.

Downsides: Obviously there are going to be a few downers. But they are very minimal. First, no cruise control (Mike is working on that). And, I have a check engine light because of the closed loop OBDII vs. open loop OBDI spark system. This doesn't affect the car, so I just pulled the light out.

Hope that helps for anyone interested in stand alone for your OBDII. It's definately the best way to go.

Do you still have traction control?
When you get the check engine light, are you checking it with a computer to see what is tripping it?
Also, you say good idle, are there any idle issues at all?
Thanks, glad it's working out for you.
At this point, it is doing the same things as the Tec3R, unless you have your traction control.. If so, that's a good thing...
Thanks again.
Len

The V-Pro is good stuff.....I was just with Mr. HKS hanging out at Starbucks the other night. :smile: =P

Last edited:
ANYTIME said:
That sounds kinda.....weird :p

Haha you sicko! ok I was hanging out with him and a group of friends. :tongue:

len3.8 said:
Do you still have traction control?
When you get the check engine light, are you checking it with a computer to see what is tripping it?
Also, you say good idle, are there any idle issues at all?
Thanks, glad it's working out for you.
At this point, it is doing the same things as the Tec3R, unless you have your traction control.. If so, that's a good thing...
Thanks again.
Len

Yes, I have traction control. Sometimes the check engine code will also trip the traction control (which means you must turn the car off and then on again to get the TCS back). This is pretty rare. And if you talk to Mike he can explain the engine light in more detail.......he's the expert so I don't want to put words in his mouth.

What I meant by "good idle" was exactly that. It's not perfect. I have large injectors, a light weight fly wheel, and aftermarket engine management. This means that it doesn't idle like a factory setup. But it is great for the monster that the car is. The rpm's really fall fast when you push in the clutch causing the engine to idle very slow for a milli-second, then the HKS pulls it back to normal idle. This is what I mean by good, not perfect. If you use gears to slow down it's not noticable. Overall, very incredible for the power being put down. Have I mentioned that the car is a monster for low boost? I was out driving today and I absolutely embarrassed a supercharged ZR28 Camaro with 500rwhp.........it was fun. :)

Happy tuning

Do you have any pictures of the F-Con install or your engine bay?

What PSI are you running to get 420 RWHP? What is the TQ?

Thanks

Back