• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HKS stainless steel exhaust question

6D

I've found an HKS exhaust system that looks like it might be the right sysytem for me. I want to hear more of the exhaust note, but without adversely affecting the low end power and city driveablity. I plan on retaining the stock intake and cats.

Would the HKS system and set up I've described effect low end power an any way?

Does anyone have a torque curve or dyno graph that shows after market vs, stock?

Thanks for the help.

Prime Cyn, here we come!!

I used to have that one, very good system and I liked the sound better than the RM that I have now, I only changed because the tips looked like the OEM ones, but other than that, a very good system and the sound and performance, is what you would expect from a company like HKS.

Regards
Enrique Thompson
Crazy4Cars Racing

I have not personally used the HKS system, but I have heard it actually dynos better than the other exhausts available. The only reason not to get it might be weight or some subjective aesthetic reason. If I remember correctly, it sits a bit lower than the stock muffler when installed.

Originally posted by pronto3000:
Here is the link for my old HKS Muffler
http://www.nsxsc.com/ezine_art/image016.jpg

Regards
Enrique Thompson
Crazy4Cars Racing

The exhaust canister certainly hangs very low, which may be something to think about if you have lowered your car (or otherwise) and live around speed bumps and such. Other than that point, it's a style issue with the tips, which I think look just fine. Build quality from HKS is good from what I've seen in the past, but I'm not sure you'll save any weight at all. As for changes in performance, most of these aftermarket exhausts will only net you 6-8hp alone (if that), and a bit more if you add headers and an free-flowing intake to the equation, but certainly won't affect drivability at all.

JMO, ICBW... Andie

Originally posted by SNDSOUL:
Where are you getting the HKS from? I might be interested in getting one also. Does anyone know if it is quieter than the RM? I dont want anything loud.

Yes, the HKS is quieter than the RM system.

Back