• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hmm not place to make a debut

Perhaps they have to increase the wheel arches couple of inches to accommodate those giant 20 plus in wheels, so made the gap you mentioned closer.

The picture I posted was to show the dash where this vehicle has the same bump as the NSX at the bottom end of the wind shield.
agree with you VH. makes the guessing game so much more interesting! all i know is... this is damn sexy! it's like a totally more svelte R8. I hope Honda is reading this thread!

wish someone would crop out IRONMAN and his retarded sidekick. if this had some futuristic looking popup headlights...wow
tumblrlqy89et0ym1qcpj2l.jpg

Last edited:
Build it! I'm a buyer!!

I really dig this design. Honda really should put it into production.

Think about this. The original NSX chassis will probably meets today's crash standard. All they have to do is to tweak that chassis a little and insert a 6 cylinder DOHC engine with either Turbo or SC. Even with an AP1/S2k NA design with 120HP/Liter from a 3.5L can produce 420 HP. All they have to do is to bring the nil to sixty to 4 second mark and they have a winner.

Since C30A/C32B are the only two DOHC engines they have, so they'll have to either create a new engine, or revive those two.

It is not unreasonable to think the C series can produce more than 500HP from Honda with reinforced con-rod and pistons heads. After all, they do have the know how of Turbo engine technology.

If they do well in marketing, I'm sure they can keep the car under $90k if they can sell 10,000 a year. I think it is completely do-able.

Imagine a NSX class car with 500HP under 3000 lbs for less than $100k, they will clean house!

Honda, are you reading this?

Last edited:
No they're not and I repeat ITO MUST GO!

From the Q&A between Ito and NA Honda employees

Q1: The sportiest car that Honda makes is now a Civic, from a Company that used to be so inspired by its racing development. How can it be acceptable that our product line is steering away so dramatically from sporty cars?

A1: I can tell you that the racing spirit still burns inside our engineers, it is part of our DNA, and we will continue to focus on developing cars that are fun to drive. However, we must acknowledge that we can do better and we must do better. Our approach will be a through efficiency and power to weight ratio. It will have nothing to do with a classic Ferrari, which has a 12 cylinder engine. We can’t get into such a world.

If we are going to think about being sporty, then we should express it through efficiency…the machine’s efficiency. So our machines will be smart, fuel efficient and sporty. I think that’s more like the path that Honda must follow. As you know, I used to be a part of the NSX development team, and we used an aluminum body on that model. I think it’s about time that we are making a new kind of a sports car and hopefully where the market is here in the U.S., we will develop it here and market it here.

I honestly can appreciate the power to weight but he keeps saying sporty and we all know how "sporty" the CRZ is. This car in the Avengers is probably going to be the best we see.

However, we must acknowledge that we can do better and we must do better.

What planet is this guy on? The NSX, Prelude SH, ITR and S2000 all were very damn good cars. My 20 year old, OBD I NSX with first-gen VTEC gets 28 mpg hwy. And the NSX is the WORST of the above list in terms of efficiency. All of the other cars are over 30 mpg. IN THE 90's!!!

Yes, Honda can do better. But, better means continuing to make sports model cars, not "sporty" versions of their vanilla people movers, and make them more efficient and clean. Mr. Ito, putting a plastic spoiler on a nearly four thousand pound Accord does not make it a sports car, but apparently that is the direction of the new Honda.

There are ways out of this mess. Honda has plenty of off the shelf tech that could be used to make a cost effective sports lineup. For the flagship model, the Honcho/WingZ NA3 concept is a great way to get a product to market quickly that will make a sales impact and invigorate the brand. Heck, Honda doesn't even have to spend money on its new V6/IME system. The J37A4 is the first J engine to use VTEC on both intake and exhaust- just like the NSX- but in a SOHC layout. This means the engine is compact, and could be used in the NSX chassis. This engine is PZEV and will yield close to 30 mpg without any hybrid nonsense.

I think due to Toyota's success with the hybrid and his ill perceived notion that all of America will sacrifice everything to be "green" he's lost his balls to be a leader and innovator Honda once was. He's talking like a follower, a victim even. Ugh.. makes me sick.

One of my friends works for Honda Torrance, CA and although this is by no means his opinion, my impressions is that these big companies (Toyota, Honda, etc) are so incredibly concerned with what their target market wants that they forget the target market they should be going AFTER! It's my suspicion than in Honda's eyes they wholeheartedly believe they delivered the best 2012 Civic their target audience was asking for. I mean.. who is their target audience really?

For example, the typical "non-car guy" person will always want a basic reliable Accord with cupholders and decent power. The surveyers will always survey these same people and work themselves into a corner when they argue and realize they need 7 cupholders instead of 6. When in fact they don't realize that it's the enthusiasts, the race car drivers, the envelop pushers that these non-car guys look up to and they will follow. I mean.. put a F430 in front of these same people and tell me they wouldn't want it? They just don't know any better until they see it. Damn.. I feel like Chris Bangle!

Well the CEO is the same guy that bashed the LFA and said "its the old way of doing things". You can do both, you don't have to do either or.

Looking at how skinny the tires are, it damn near seems like an old MR-2 with a Veilside kit and some touching up.

The market for sporty cars are actually very small.

There are two groups of people Honda will never be able to tap into:

Muscle cars and European exotics.

The truth of matter is, people will buy JDM sports cars will compose the buyers, and for the longest time, these companies focused on cheap four cylinder sports cars for young crowds.

Toyota Supra, Nissan 300ZX turbo, NSX, Mitsu 3000GT, and few others all died with no legit successors. Even the Celica is no more.

Toyota, Nissan and Mitsu all figured out during the mid 90's there was no point of making these cars.

Just keep the NSX and be happy. You already have one of the greatest every created by man.

Toyota, Nissan and Mitsu all figured out during the mid 90's there was no point of making these cars.

Don't mention that to the owners and fanboys of the 350/370 and GT-R (already in it's second development phase since the first one wasn't good enough:eek:)

Honda/Acura has become the GM of Japan, IMHO.

There you go.

Even the rearview mirror look like it's from an old NSX or Integra..lol
attachment.php

That is an NSX dash - look at the top of the dash pad and the vents and center "button" in the reflection in the windshield.

That is an NSX dash - look at the top of the dash pad and the vents and center "button" in the reflection in the windshield.

FWIW The Mk1 mule at the ring was a Honda S2000 so what if they are using the NSX as a mule, even if just for the cosmetics. Think I - Robot and the R8.

the dash looks nsx esque....but the windshield looks S2000 ish....

Back