• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hockenheim this Thursday

Anyone interested in joining me at Hockenheim Ring this Thursday evening to track your car? Cost is 15 Euros, and it's incredibly fun.

Don in Heidelberg

Don,
I would love to try my car on the Hockenheim ring. However, I have never been there before and to drive up and down to Germany for just one evening is a little too much for me.
If there are any more dates available that you know off however, I could try to get some friends together and that we might come over for a whole day or so. But we would have to know a few weeks in advance to synchronize our agenda's.

Have fun anyway ;)

Hockenheim

MVM:
Sounds great!! I just found out that there is no driving tomorrow on the ring as they have a driver's training course given by RUF, so we will have to wait anyway.

Basically to get to Hockenheim you come towards Frankfurt and from there get on the A5 autobahn. Stay south on A5 about 80km past Frankfurt, and exit at Hockenheim, where you will see signs for the track.

Shoot me a note when you can get a group together for a Thursday drive! They open the track every Thursday (unless there is another event) from 5pm to 8pm! It would be a LOT of fun!

Don
[email protected]

I wouldn't recommend this thursday events at Hockenheim at all. There is always a big bunch of different cars and bikes with a wide range of driver skills - you can drive for about 20 minutes then the next group comes (bikes and cars seperate) and it's usualy only on the short track - no need to drive hundreds of kilometers to take part here and risk a damage. And: You can only drive with street legal cars with license plate.

If you have a racing license you can use the special license day (monday AFAIK).

You better watch out for the full or half day events at Hockenheim from e.g. Wirtz promotion, pro-track, pistenclub, ACS or SAR (Swiss Autoracing - I was at their 2 day free practice event in Hockenheim this year on the Grand Prix track - great driving!)

Back