• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Holy Carp! 2000 NSX for $2950 on eBay

Someone should figure out a way to scam the scammers:biggrin:

Holy Carp!

nev%20%20carp.jpg

I live in Virginia... I sent him a message... here's a copy of the message:

*Hello, I am interested in your Silver NSX for $2950. Since I live in Virginia and travel a lot I would like to go and see/pick this up. I have cash in hand and would be more than willing to give you the cash in person. Please let me know when we can set up this transaction. Thanks!!*

:biggrin: :wink:

x

do these scams happen often?

crap, and I just emailed the seller to let me know if the sale fell thru.

I'm sure I'll be getting an email from him now :eek:

VBNSX said:
I live in Virginia... I sent him a message... here's a copy of the message:

*Hello, I am interested in your Silver NSX for $2950. Since I live in Virginia and travel a lot I would like to go and see/pick this up. I have cash in hand and would be more than willing to give you the cash in person. Please let me know when we can set up this transaction. Thanks!!*

:biggrin: :wink:

x

His answer will be he is away in South Africa at the moment and the car is there with him but he can arrange to have it to you in 7-10 days !!!

(And No, *I* am NOT the scammer !!! :eek: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :wink: )

Dont' tell me that Ebay does not have the software capabilites to sniff these auctions out before they are listed. I mean, come on.

A simple program:

If field A = "Acura NSX" and field B is = or < "$20,000" and if field C = "Buy it Now" then flag the auction.

splitz said:
You beat me to it :biggrin:

But you can still post more carp pictures if you like, as this is more entertaining than reading about another ebay scam! :biggrin:

djdrock said:
Dont' tell me that Ebay does not have the software capabilites to sniff these auctions out before they are listed. I mean, come on.

A simple program:

If field A = "Acura NSX" and field B is = or < "$20,000" and if field C = "Buy it Now" then flag the auction.

ebay has millions of auctions per day. and there are usually around 38,000 cars at any given moment. If they were able to filter out the bad NSX's, then enthusiasts of every single other make and model would press to get theirs filtered as well.

I know they flagged most of the McDonalds Monopoly auctions, because there were THOUSANDS of scams listed when that promotion began.

wrxrob said:
ebay has millions of auctions per day. and there are usually around 38,000 cars at any given moment. If they were able to filter out the bad NSX's, then enthusiasts of every single other make and model would press to get theirs filtered as well.

This is exactly my point. There are OBVIOUS scams. Filter these for the NSXs, Corvettes, Ferarris etc...

darn! and i had my 2950 ready to go...:rolleyes:

otto_joe said:
You think? :rolleyes:

I can't believe I'm actually adding to this thread.:mad:

Otto
EXACTLY, These types of threads should not be allowed.
MODERATORS: Is this an option? To not allow these threads?
Some people will argue that this IS what the forum is for, but come on, if you don't instantly know that an NSX for 2950 is a scam well then you dese.......OK, I'll shut up know and go back to washing my NSX. What a way to spend my break.

Back