• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Home with my new 03'

Just returned home from the 300 mile drive from north of Chicago to the Suburbs of Detroit with my new NSX (pretty new). Traffic was HORRENDOUS due to the friggin construction in Chi Town.......BUT....other than that it was a great drive, not a hiccup, she is beautiful, performed beautifully and will get one hell of a bath tomorrow! 2003 LBBP on blue 11090 on the clock when we took off and now I have to go put on a few more! Took pics and will take more tomorrow after bathtime and then post! I am very happy with the way it feels , drives etc.... I was instantly at home behind the wheel...ok gotta go drive:biggrin:

Cangrats on the new ride. I can't wait too see the pics. And you even found the BEST color :biggrin: .

Scott,

Glad to see you made it and can't wait to see some pics. We will have to make a plan for another meet soon. I told my brother to keep his eyes peeled aorund town for another blue NSX just like Dad's b/c a new one just landed. :wink:

Congrats! That has always been such a hot color combo. All you blueballs have a reason to crow. Live in AZ now, but Walled Lake is my home town and have relatives in FHills (I think). Oddly enough, I missed the NSXPO by a couple of months when it was here in AZ. Would love to cross-country my '95 back to (my 1st) NSXPO this year back in Ohio and side-trip up to MI for a few days. If plans come to fruition, will touch base. You know by now, youo won't need to be told to ENJOY. Tim.

Some pics

Here are a couple pics from at the dealership and after arriving home. Some of my first impressions of this car after almost 370 miles in a day are.....and most of the comparisons will be to the 02 vette I recently sold....It is sooooo much more nimble and feels a ton lighter on its feet (so to speak). It does not have the low end torque that is infectious that the vette had but I am impressed at how it does get up and go. Nice new sound to enjoy as well! I got a ton of thumbs up and "nice car" all day and even had some folks taking pictures on the highway home! (fun). The interior, even though it is kinda old school and lacking a few modern amenities is lightyears ahead of the 02 vette's in quality, seating position and the seats....well there is no comparison. Anyway here are the pics and I am sure tht as the days go by I will have a ton of questions and more input on this car. I guess I should add that IMO these cars look SOOOOO much better in person than any photo can convey. Much more exotic if you will......

nsx%205-8-07%20009fw.jpg

nsx%205-8-07%20001fw.jpg

nsx%205-8-07%20005fw.jpg

nsx%205-8-07%20008fw.jpg

Last edited:
Just returned home from the 300 mile drive from north of Chicago to the Suburbs of Detroit with my new NSX (pretty new). Traffic was HORRENDOUS due to the friggin construction in Chi Town.......BUT....other than that it was a great drive, not a hiccup, she is beautiful, performed beautifully and will get one hell of a bath tomorrow! 2003 LBBP on blue 11090 on the clock when we took off and now I have to go put on a few more! Took pics and will take more tomorrow after bathtime and then post! I am very happy with the way it feels , drives etc.... I was instantly at home behind the wheel...ok gotta go drive:biggrin:

LOL I know how you feel. My wife and flew down to Chicago to pick up our NSX and the traffic was horrible trying to get out of there! I spent more time there in traffic than on the actual drive home. We also got caught in a torrential down pour. My first impression was pretty much shock at how little gas the car used on the drive back even with the A/C on sometimes to defog the windows. Glad your back with us safe and sound. I better get on the ball for our next local NSX meet so I can see that blue beauty up close:biggrin:

Congrats......You have the best color ever made in the entire history of the Automobile :biggrin: not that I am biased or anything :tongue:

Last edited:
Congrats!

Chicago seems to have a lot of 02+ NSXs for sale (found mine there a year ago)

LBBP is starting to really grow on me these days. There's so many of them popping up on the boards

Congrats... looks gorgeous...

But don't you think that the exhaust is a little quiet?

And the engine can use a bit more power?

And that shifter throws are a little long?

PM me if you feel this way and I will help you out...

Beautiful car in a beautiful color.

Congrat's and welcome to the cult of ownership.

Painting the car Silverstone would be icing on the cake!:biggrin: Congrats, nevertheless!

Last edited:
Congratulations on your new NSX. Love the color. Welcome to Prime.

Don't do it ExCfive...Turbo2Go is the devil:eek: Maximus_NSX is one of his minions..LOL

Congrats on the best color combo available for the NSX! :wink:

One more thing... you can't drive the NSX while wearing this shirt:

nsx%205-8-07%20001fw.jpg

Perhaps you should let your girlfriend/wife drive instead. She looks like she knows what to wear when in an NSX. :biggrin:

Dave

You can't go blasting a dude for his shirt.

Imma have to go find that video with your cousin:

"Yo, that's my cousin Dave in his NSX.....this is how we rollllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!"
:wink:

LOL I know how you feel. My wife and flew down to Chicago to pick up our NSX and the traffic was horrible trying to get out of there! I spent more time there in traffic than on the actual drive home. We also got caught in a torrential down pour. My first impression was pretty much shock at how little gas the car used on the drive back even with the A/C on sometimes to defog the windows. Glad your back with us safe and sound. I better get on the ball for our next local NSX meet so I can see that blue beauty up close:biggrin:

i share the exact same feelings about the Gas consumption when i first picked up my car...i was expecting to blow by a tank + more on the 350 mile drive from VA but to my amazement i think if i remember correctly i used about a tank.

Hey ExC5,
Congrats again! Sweet ride. I grew up in Commerce/Walled Lake. My whole family lived on Glengary. Small world...

Back