• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Honda Announces an Overview of the Display for the 42nd Tokyo Motor Show 2011

Honda Announces Overview of Display for the 42nd Tokyo Motor Show 2011

It is still just a concept:

TOKYO, Japan, November 10, 2011 - Honda announced its lineup of
production and concept-model automobiles, motorcycles, power products,
and other highlights for its display at the 42nd Tokyo Motor Show 2011,
which will take place at Tokyo Big Sight from Saturday, December 3
through Sunday, December 11, 2011.

Full Story:
http://world.honda.com/news/2011/c111110Tokyo-Motor-Show/?r=m
Small Sports EV (No formal name yet)

18.jpg

Photo Index
http://world.honda.com/news/2011/c111110Tokyo-Motor-Show/photo/pages/18.html
http://world.honda.com/news/2011/c111110Tokyo-Motor-Show/photo/pages/19.html

That's quite disappointing... Looks like a direct Audi e-tron spyder competitor too :frown:

I hope the real thing looks better than concept sketches, which is a rare thing as concepts are always less conservative.

This isn't the much rumored Super Hybrid Sports vehicle.

Small Sports EV = Honda Beat Replacement

Last edited:
This isn't the much rumored Super Hybrid Sports vehicle.

Small Sports EV = Honda Beat Replacement

I think Honda has a few tricks up it's sleeve for the Tokyo Motor Show...

Good call. I reviewed the pages after my post and it does appear that the EV is not related to the Halo car.

Disappointing...looks like we won't see the super car in concept form this year.

29unled.jpg

There are some discrepancies. Honda listed 7 electromotive concepts and displays 7 images for the concepts, along with their own brief explanation. So what about the "N CONCEPT" listed with no pictures or explanation that brings the count to 8? Or is just a concept of the N Box?

Edited for wishful thinking

Last edited:
If the new NSX will be at the show, they won't put it on the list. They will want to make a splash/surprise. I personally don't think we'll see it yet, but I could be wrong...

The next opportunity to debut the NSX replacement concept vehicle in Japan won't come around until 2013. With all the rumors/leaks that the vehicle will be going on sale in 2013, I don't see how Honda can miss the opportunity. Moreover, Honda's has an established history (CR-Z, S2000) of debuting near production concept vehicles 2-3 years prior to production release.

The next opportunity to debut the NSX replacement concept vehicle in Japan won't come around until 2013. With all the rumors/leaks that the vehicle will be going on sale in 2013, I don't see how Honda can miss the opportunity. Moreover, Honda's has an established history (CR-Z, S2000) of debuting near production concept vehicles 2-3 years prior to production release.

That's what I thought as well. I hate to say it but we have to consider that Ito/Honda mentioned bringing the NSX back during a time when they were taking a huge image and product hit. It could have just been marketing as it seems like they are still on course with full ev/hybrid mode.

I've said this before we might have to wait till Ito is gone before we see something.

hmmm I should patent an electronic sound replicator "box" of a traditional motor/exhaust/gear whine that is tied to the accelerator of EV's.weeeeeeeee

So what about the "N CONCEPT" listed with no pictures or explanation that brings the count to 8? Or is just a concept of the N Box?

You mean the Honda N Concept as below, it has been thought to replace the old Honda N600, talked about in 2009 :(

_Honda-EV-N-Concept-1.jpg

Original car came out in 1969:
Air-cooled, two-cylinder SOHC (single overhead camshaft)
599cc, up to 45HP!!

honda-n600_big00014501_fb57.jpg

Last edited:
You mean the Honda N Concept as below, it has been thought to replace the old Honda N600, talked about in 2009 :(

_Honda-EV-N-Concept-1.jpg

I could see asimo getting out of that thing:rolleyes: just not any enthusiasts:frown:

Honda unveils electric sports car
First rumours of a new NSX, and now this: the ‘Small Sports EV Concept’

Large%20Image.jpg

Honda has not one but two new sports cars up its sleeve, and here's the first: official sketches of The Small Sports Car EV Concept. And when they say small, they mean small. Very small. The second is a rumoured "new NSX", set to debut at the Detroit motorshow in January and the Avengers movie in May.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/honda-electric-sportster-2011-11-10

Looks like we're back in business!

Last edited:
Honda unveils electric sports car
First rumours of a new NSX, and now this: the ‘Small Sports EV Concept’

Large%20Image.jpg

Honda has not one but two new sports cars up its sleeve, and here's the first: official sketches of The Small Sports Car EV Concept. And when they say small, they mean small. Very small. The second is a rumoured "new NSX", set to debut at the Detroit motorshow in January and the Avengers movie in May.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/honda-electric-sportster-2011-11-10

Looks like we're back in business!

Hasn't pretty much everyone on Prime said that the Avengers movie car is NSX with a kit on it? Be nice if that was the new car.

I guess it's no surprise that they would use the NAIAS for the NSX since we're the ones who b*tch the most about them needing an NSX. Also if the Avengers car is it then the next NSX is definitely mid engine. Fingers crossed.

Hasn't pretty much everyone on Prime said that the Avengers movie car is NSX with a kit on it? Be nice if that was the new car.

I guess it's no surprise that they would use the NAIAS for the NSX since we're the ones who b*tch the most about them needing an NSX. Also if the Avengers car is it then the next NSX is definitely mid engine. Fingers crossed.

I makes perfect sense to debut the new car int he avengers movie. I can't think of better promotion.

I like that design of the new smaller car up there. Looks 100x better than a CRZ.

Anyone else notice that the AC-X nose looks very similar to the car in the Avengers?

Perry you beat me to it-- I was just about to say that! Boy, II stay away from the forum for an hour and this is what happens... :D

I was also going to point out that there are many other places to debut the NSX than Tokyo- Frankfurt, Detroit, L.A., New York, Chicago. And then we find out about Detroit. Perry, I think you should be NSX Prime's man on the ground for that debut- report from the debut for us!

Perry you beat me to it-- I was just about to say that! Boy, II stay away from the forum for an hour and this is what happens... :D

I was also going to point out that there are many other places to debut the NSX than Tokyo- Frankfurt, Detroit, L.A., New York, Chicago. And then we find out about Detroit. Perry, I think you should be NSX Prime's man on the ground for that debut- report from the debut for us!

LOL. You know the AC-X might be the next Acura RL. I was just reading the other day that the RL was supposed to be redone in a MB CLS four door coupe style manner and this car fits the profile. They're going to be doing some sharing anyway.

Oh you know I'll be there. I'm really curious as to how much it will look like the car in Avengers.

Geez this is a bummer

"And a final word about that new NSX. Honda has made it clear that having made Ferrari blush once, it has no intention of repeating that exercise. There's clearly another target this time: lightweight, V6-powered but with electric wheel motors, it would seem to suggest, alongside this little fella, that Honda has decided the future of sports cars is guilt-free. BMW i8 alternative anyone?"

Last edited:
Back