• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Honda Back on Track in F1 Qualifying

Well, with the new one lap qualifying format, turns out that BAR Honda took 3rd and 5th in the qualifying. Villnevue took 3rd after only 4 laps of a practice run, and Button ran a LOWER spec engine, and still did 5th.

Should be an interesting season for Honda...

I would hope so very much. I have read that Honda has called in the help of the same engineers that were working on the F1-team in the late 80s.
Also hope that the new NSX-R will be doing a fine job in the 24hour race on the Nurnburgring at the end of this month.
It's just a pity only one NSX-R will be in it though because 24hours is a long time.

Sorry guys, but that was only practice.

Qualifying is today, or tonight I should say for those in the states. Yes, considering both cars blew engines after a few practice laps then came out later with good results is promising.

What happened to Takuma Sato? Is he a driver for BAR? It was nice to see BAR honda doing well in the practice though. I read an article on Villenevue(spell) and BAR on Road and Track last month and it's pretty intriguing since BAR has not done well in the past and they made some changes for this year if I am not mistaken. Hopefully Honda will do better this year.

Stupid question, but are you guyz talking about the F1 in Melbourne, Australia?

If so, when you're watching it on TV, just think "that's where NeoNSX lives"... i can hear the engines screaming at my place.

i've walked around Albert Park lake... it's pleasant when there's no cars screaming around the circuit.
wink.gif

Originally posted by NeoNSX:
Stupid question, but are you guyz talking about the F1 in Melbourne, Australia?

If so, when you're watching it on TV, just think "that's where NeoNSX lives"... i can hear the engines screaming at my place.

i've walked around Albert Park lake... it's pleasant when there's no cars screaming around the circuit.
wink.gif

Neo, why are you not watching from the grandstands? I know if I was lucky enough to have F1 come to my backyard I would be the happiest guy on prime for 1 week a year. Is it possible to drive on this course with an nsx? I think I heard that the track is closed all year. I would love to take my nsx out there for a drive just see what the lap times would be compared to the big dogs, just to understand how fast they are going.

Back