• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Honda could offer the HSC and later the real NSX2

I just can't believe Honda, after the ending of the NSX production, will wait 3 to 4 years with no high performance sports car in their line before launching the real NSX successor; meanwhile, I conjecture they will introduce the HSC @ more than 300 HP ( as originally intended ) at an affordable prize and at incredible performance numbers ( understand higher performance than the latest NSX-R ).

Remember,

the HSC has never been announced as the official NSX successor,

and was designed with a V6 mounted transversaly.

Obviously, considering the latest commitments made officially from Mr. Fukui, can the HSC be V10 equipped?

OTOH, could Honda be showing enough suicidal tendancy to introduce, with the HSC, a sports car outperforming the actual NSX at a lower cost?

If Honda wants to play in the V10 @ over 500 HP realm, there is no contradiction to introduce an affordable HSC NA V6 with more than 300 HP!!!

This is pure speculation but I do believe Honda is ready to offer us a sport car outperforming the latest NSX something as soon as next year...

The HSC as a S2K and NSX replacement and the NSX2 as their new halo car.

One thing's for sure, we will have a lot of fun for the years to come.

With all the R&D money they spent in the HSC they should bring it out. Or maybe it is the concept design but will get a v10 instead :confused:

Bring on the HSC. There is a gap for 2 sports cars between the 4 banger S2000 and the V10 NSX.

How about the HSC (V6) and a V8 Gen 2 NSX

Oh man it would be great if they offered all three S2k , HSC and NSX II.

I want that HSC!

Call me crazy but I think the HSC concept was just an NSX chassis for the most part, I don't think THAT much R&D actually went into it.

And it still wouldn't sell, becuase it would be too expensive as it is hand-made. You could say go assembly-line, but Honda would then have to build an tool an assembly line to put together an all-aluminum chassis...good luck with that!

HSC? No, definitely not.

Why would you want to buy a 300HP V6 HSC when you know there will be a V10 NSX in 3 or 4 years? Honda would just waste their money right there.

Instead of seing a lineup like this: S2000, HSC, V8 NSX
I would rather see: S2000 and V10 NSX

As long as it can kill Viper, Z06, F430, 911 Turbo, Gallardo or whatever, they would get more respect :cool:

Since Lexus will bring V10 coupe, I think Honda shouldn't make V8. V8 will look weak.

Timpo said:
HSC? No, definitely not.

Why would you want to buy a 300HP V6 HSC when you know there will be a V10 NSX in 3 or 4 years? Honda would just waste their money right there.

Instead of seing a lineup like this: S2000, HSC, V8 NSX
I would rather see: S2000 and V10 NSX

As long as it can kill Viper, Z06, F430, 911 Turbo, Gallardo or whatever, they would get more respect :cool:

Since Lexus will bring V10 coupe, I think Honda shouldn't make V8. V8 will look weak.

I meant a line up consisting of S2000, HSC, V8 NSX, and V10 NSX.

Now that is a true commitment to sports cars.

HSC competition: Cayman or 911, New V8 sports car from Toyota (Supra?)
V8 NSX competition: 911 Turbo, F430, LF-A from Toyota

effer said:
Because maybe you want to save over 30 grand$$$... :smile:

At least. The HSC is a fairly decent idea, so long as it's priced in the 350Z-C6 range. It'd need at least 350hp, tho. The s2000 is a roadster, not a sports car. If Honda wants to produce a cheap sports car, the RX8 and 350Z have already proven that this formula can work.

A variant on the RL engine producing 350hp in a lightweight car with a little exoticness would do the trick. They could sell that for $40,000. Honda could sell that car.

What they could not sell is a $90,000 car. Cuz, Porsche already owns that price niche.

liftshard said:
At least. The HSC is a fairly decent idea, so long as it's priced in the 350Z-C6 range. It'd need at least 350hp, tho. The s2000 is a roadster, not a sports car. If Honda wants to produce a cheap sports car, the RX8 and 350Z have already proven that this formula can work.

A variant on the RL engine producing 350hp in a lightweight car with a little exoticness would do the trick. They could sell that for $40,000. Honda could sell that car.

What they could not sell is a $90,000 car. Cuz, Porsche already owns that price niche.

I can't believe you say 350Z/RX8 are sportscars and not the S2000 :eek:

Being a roadster doesn't take away from it's sportscar status. Sportscars can be hardtop or convertible. The S2000 is actually more of a sportscar than the 350 which is more of a touring car.

Don't get me wrong I love Z's and actually have owned five turbo Z's ( including the one I currently own ) ,but since owning two S2000's and an NSX I can't hold Z's as pure sportscars anymore.

I think making a car that competes with the 350z and RX-8 would be sweet. They should produce that under the Honda brand and the Supercar V10 under the Acura brand. Honda/Acura will be sadly missing anything remotely close to a performance car when the NSX and S2000 are gone. They are releasing the Civic Si to try and regain a market stance against the Tc. They need to fill the gap as well as worry about regaining market stance. Maybe it is just me, but Acura/Honda has been getting boring lately, they need some spice and excitement! A 35-40k HSC would be sweet. Offer up a good lease offer and they could have one on every corner like the 350Z. I swear everytime I turn my head I see one of those. I like the Z, but way too common. Mazda's mistake was the RX-8's power band, not very good in city driving, kinda like the S2000.

nuccaJB said:
. Mazda's mistake was the RX-8's power band, not very good in city driving, kinda like the S2000.

Honda actually did a great job of fixing that with the 04 S2K. I had an 02 S2K and hated it in the city , but my 04 is great and much better all around the the old one for city/traffic driving. You don't have to rev the crap out of it around town.

nuccaJB said:
Mazda's mistake was the RX-8's power band, not very good in city driving, kinda like the S2000.

Ever driven an RX8 around town?? Uh, it's a rotary. That means it's lollygagging at 6000 rpm. The engine is so smooth you do not notice the revs. Not like the s2000 where there is considerably more NVR associated with high rev rates. The RX8's best power comes from 5000 and up, giving it a good 3000 or 3500 rev range to use. But, whereas driving our cars at 5000 RPM makes a good bit of noise, the Renesis rotary is utterly smooth, basically just making a whine.

What I am disappointed in the Wankel is that it doesn't rev to 12000 or so. Had as much money gone into rotary R&D over it's lifespan as has into recip engines, rotaries would be revving that high and beyond with the whole ULEV and acceptable mileage. The notion of preserving the rotating inertia of an engine is very sound from a physics standpoint. The specific outputs are ridiculously high.

I have never driven an Rx-8, but I have been seriously considering looking into one as a daily driver. The one thing that I have been reading about them is most people don't like the power band. Could just be the people I read from, I have met people who absolutely love them though. I could really afford an NSX right now, but I can't afford a third car. I need 4 seats because of the whole family thing and the 8 seems like it may be the best to fit the bill. A third car will be about 2 years, so the other debate is stick with my current car and just save the money.

Back