• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Honda FC Sport - Could this technology be the next NSX

Most people here know that the NSX got it's name from New Sports car eXperimental.
I can not think of anything being more of a 2nd generation New Sports car eXperimental then a hydrogen fuel cell vehicle.

The information below is from the Honda future models + concepts website.
They call it the Honda FC Sport.
http://automobiles.honda.com/fc-sport/

It talks about "Beating your best lap time" and "no-holds-barred supercar" with "all the speed, handling and sleek looks of today's fastest sports cars"

It would not be unlike Honda to rewrite the rules for the next NSX.

Honda_Website said:
The FC Sport can be summed up like this: Imagine beating your best lap time while hearing nothing but the tires rubbing the tarmac and the quiet buzz of the high-torque electric motors. Picture a true no-holds-barred supercar with all the speed, handling and sleek looks of today's fastest sports cars, yet without the noise, heat, vibration and emissions of the internal-combustion engine.

Built as a design study, the FC Sport demonstrates Honda's vision for making environmentally responsible vehicles that are also fun to drive. The "FC" stands for "Fuel Cell" as in hydrogen fuel cell—the same technology powering the FCX Clarity. With a 3-seat, driver-centered cockpit, a fuel cell powerplant opens the door for unprecedented engineering flexibility, allowing for a lower center gravity than any modern, piston-engined sports car. The FC Sport is symbolic of a future in which alternative fuel and zero emissions will rule the sports car world.

fcsport_02.jpg

fcsport_03.jpg

I don't think so, if Honda put this car out as their Halo car, they will be the laughing stock of the industry, but if they bring this car out as a specialty car similar to the CRZ, it will just be another "It will be a while before I get use to this" kinda car...lol

I don't think it will be put into production.

I hope not.... that's one fUGLY car! Eww is the first thing I think of when I see that.

I wasn't talking so much about the design of this car, but the hydrogen technology.

I don't think they would actually do it because there is not a hydrogen distribution infrastructure, but you never know.

They are going to do a dual-note style system, not Hydrogen.

Do you really think they are and not use IMA? Also if the electric motors are in the front wheels does this mean you cannot use after market wheels as they would be part of the system??

Back