• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Honda Fit: Best review ever for a $13k car?

it needs 20's...

matteni said:
PS: There is NSX content if you look really really close!

Snap-ring? Botchy speaker-amps? Slow power-windows, even prone to failure? Horrendous tire treadlife? Climate-control fan only works on high-setting? TCS & ABS lights on/off w/o reason? *grin*

I've seen the Honda Fit abroad as the Honda "Jazz" (Europe -> mini-wagon) & "City" (Asia -> sedan). Very savy, practical, and high-quality for the micro-compact market segment! :cool:

what are the EPA ratings - 33 city, hwy?

I am curious because if they are significantly higher than a civic(30/40) and more versatile then it will do great.

This car was on top of my list, until i found out it has a rear beam suspension, while the asia fit/jazz has independent muti link.... I think.
Still a good car tho, I think they're coming out with a hybrid version next year.
I wonder if Honda USA will ever bring that civic hatch back here.:confused:

Test drove one today...auto w/ the "paddle" shift feature (didn't use it tho). Car was surprisingly peppy and fun to drive. Good leg room in the rear and huge cargo area once 60/40 seats are down.

Jeff

Drove one on Sunday and was impressed with the room on the inside. Being over six and a half feet tall makes cars a challenge, and this one held up.

The only problem was they wanted to add on close to a $2000 markup. I will see what they say when I am serious about purchasing. The dealer told me people were paying the add on no problem to get the hot little numbers. I am not close to $19000 excited about the hot little number though.

Racerxjling said:
Norm Reeves Honda in Cerritos "only" wanted a $500 markup

Jeff

I knew that was the place! Maybe it's time to take a trip there in the morning.

They had a red sport version and a couple of red non sport versions. They just got in a storm silver metallic (charcoal) non sport version. None were 5 speed manuals though.

Jeff

After driving all the UK variants I can say the CVT tiptronic version is very good. The CVT takes the auto shift away so makes use of the power and torque.

Very easy to drive, good use of space and very practical.

Would I buy one, no, only because I have no use for a vehicle like that, the Integra is plenty practical for me.

Just put a deposit down last Saturday and the car should be here in a few weeks. I've been waiting months for this car to be my new DD. :) Storm Silver base 5 speed @ MSRP.

I would be interested in this car in a few years. But ONLY if it gets BETTER fuel mileage than it does now. 33/38 is not all that impressive for a car this size. IMO anyway. Hopefully they'll get those numbers up and I would really look at this car for a DD myself.

IMG_3543.jpg

So figure 13k for the car, another 5k for the engine and maybe another grand or more for the install and 3k of other parts...for 20k, you got a present day 5 door 5 passenger CRX IMO. Give it a few more months, and you will see the aftermarket pick up on this little car.

Driving the car ecomonically I can get between 45 and 60 mpg out of the Auto (CVT) Jazz, keeping revs to 2000 or less ??

timothyaw said:
I would be interested in this car in a few years. But ONLY if it gets BETTER fuel mileage than it does now. 33/38 is not all that impressive for a car this size. IMO anyway. Hopefully they'll get those numbers up and I would really look at this car for a DD myself.

We bought a 1.4 DSI Jazz (Fit) SE last summer and it is a cracking little car, which has in fact all too much room in it most of the time. The engine is very revvy, smooth, and the 5 spd manual is a pleasure to shift with. Coupled with that it has averaged 50mpg over the 9 months of driving and 10,000 miles covered (now at 14,000) and not faults at all it really is commendable.

Pics of it next to the beast at Christmas!

Regards, Matt.

Attachments

• Jazz+NSX+Snow.jpg
    Jazz+NSX+Snow.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 143
Pacemaker Kid89 said:
IMG_3543.jpg

So figure 13k for the car, another 5k for the engine and maybe another grand or more for the install and 3k of other parts...for 20k, you got a present day 5 door 5 passenger CRX IMO. Give it a few more months, and you will see the aftermarket pick up on this little car.

There is actually quite a lot of aftermarket support for this car since its already been out in numerous other countries prior to the US release.

hybridnsx said:
There is actually quite a lot of aftermarket support for this car since its already been out in numerous other countries prior to the US release.

Hopefully that they bring it here so we dont have to go through the sites in Japan to find them. This could be, in a sense, the new CRX as far as tuning and customizing.

I put down a deposit on a fit sport auto/paddle shifter..expecting it in 2 weeks or so. I have to say that it impressed me in all aspects: utility (room), fuel economy, abundance of standard features in a car this price range (paddle shifter, curtain air bags, keyless entry (sport version), and VTEC!!!!), handling, interior (great bolster support, nice gauges, decent 200 watt stereo (sport version).

Jeff

Has anyone checked out the car?
I've made a few phone calls to several dealership around my area, they all want to charge 500 to 1500 mark up on them.
It's totally insane.
:mad:

Back