• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Honda Museum....whos been there? Japan in general as well...

I am looking for high resolution photos from the museum, more specifically any of the retired JGTC/Super GT NSX's. Or even a few NSX-R photos in high res.

I have managed to scour the internet and download some large Epson NSX photos but some of the others like "Castrol Mugen, Mobil 1, Takata, and even real Arta NSX" photos have been tough to come by. I think I have a few Raybrig ones as well... but anything would be appreciated. Send me a PM or if you have a public album, post it please.

The "ideal" resolution should be larger than 2000x1800. We are talking 5mb-10mb in size at least.

Thanks Bob, the search feature with Tapatalk leaves much to be desired. But I was able to find a link to your photo album using my work computer and will definitely check them out.

I've been in there a couple times, most recently Nov 2011. I'll PM you the contact information for my friend who was there with a nice camera - I bet he may have gotten pictures of the car(s) you're looking for images of.

Edit - on second thought, it looks like you're looking for pictures from the Japanese museum. I've only seen Torrance. Sent you the PM anyway. Good luck!

Last edited:
Several Primers (me among them) had the very great pleasure of attending Fiesta 2010. If you ever get the opportunity I strongly recommend it!

I visited the Honda Museum and Twin Ring Motegi facility in the mid 90's. I took a ton of photos but they were all on 35mm... film.

I still remember walking by the NSX safety car that was sitting idling at trackside with the door open... I was "this" close to jumping in for a joyride!!!

Last edited:
I was just in Japan but sadly did not get to go to Motegi. Near as I can figure out from Tokyo you're about 90 minutes to Utsunomiya on the shinkansen, but then how do you get from there to Motegi? Is there a bus?

I visited the Honda Museum and Twin Ring Motegi facility in the mid 90's. I took a ton of photos but they were all on 35mm... film.

I still remember walking by the NSX safety car that was sitting idling at trackside with the door open... I was "this" close to jumping in for a joyride!!!

Hahah..would have made for one heck of a story.... makes for one heck of a story already!!!

I was just in Japan but sadly did not get to go to Motegi. Near as I can figure out from Tokyo you're about 90 minutes to Utsunomiya on the shinkansen, but then how do you get from there to Motegi? Is there a bus?

You might have to taxi it....I went Aug of 2012 but my GF parents took me. Its a exciting experience seeing the track and museum.

You might have to taxi it....I went Aug of 2012 but my GF parents took me. Its a exciting experience seeing the track and museum.

Interesting. I've been meaning to get an International Driver Certification from AAA anyway and renting an RHD GT86 or GT-R or something next time I'm there.

My wife and I went to the Honda Collection Hall in 2009, its pretty much a day trip from Tokyo. We took the Shinkansen from Tokyo transferring to a local bus which drops you off in the morning and picks you back up at the end of the day.
They had a fair amount of things to do from watching the cars on the track to taking in the Museum, visiting Twin Ring Motegi turned out to be one of the highlights of our trip.

Teej - PM me your email. I have some pics of the NSX-R and JGTC Castrol NSX.

Interesting. I've been meaning to get an International Driver Certification from AAA anyway and renting an RHD GT86 or GT-R or something next time I'm there.

Just go to your local AAA office and get the International Driver's License. Take 10 minutes.

Thank you everyone for participating. I still have not decided on exactly which photos I am going to use or if I am still going that direction at all. I REALLY wish I could find the "retired NSX's" poster but they probably never produced one. This is the photo with 5 of the NSX's at the track kind of facing the camera in a semi circle. So far I've only found the image in online publications.

Back