• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

[1st Gen] Honda NSX-R 100% USA Legal

As many of you know, we import cars from Japan.
We have sold one JDM Honda NSX. http://montumotors.com/vehicles/59/1991-honda-nsx
And currently have one for sale. http://montumotors.com/vehicles/92/1991-honda-nsx

We have been on the look out for a Genuine Honda NSX-R and have one to offer to any interested party.
Of course the NSX-R has not hit the 25 year mark, so any NSX-R purchased will need to be stored in Japan until fully legal for import.
It is currently for sale in Japan, by an affiliate. We can store, ship, legalize, and deliver this car.

attachment.php

Price is $219,000
48,000 km or 29,000 miles
3.0L (3.5L by TODA racing in Okayama, will confirm if swap or stroked)
First registration in February 1996 (Will need to wait until February 2021 for delivery)
http://www.goo-net.com/usedcar/spread/goo/18/700130079130160823001/gallery.html

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 2,437
Last edited:
Take a nsx-r throw fender flares and a drag racing wing on it and sell for 220k.
Sure seems a bargain to me. ;-)

I believe the first NSX type - R models were made from 1992-1995.
This car is a 1996 so can't be a type-R.
For the asking price you would have to provide verification of its provenance.
What documentation do you have?

This comment from your ad for the black 91 is dead wrong:

"The original motor was the 3.0L V6 pulled from an everyday Accord which featured Honda's VTEC (Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control) system, then upped to 276hp and the redline set at 8000rpm."

The black car you are importing is an automatic, has 252 hp and the NSX V6 did not come from a Honda Accord.

With statements like this there's a credibility issue with Montu Motors.
Are you an approved vendor on Prime?

Last edited:
I believe the first NSX type - R models were made from 1992-1995.
This car is a 1996 so can't be a type-R.
For the asking price you would have to provide verification of its provenance.
What documentation do you have?

Will confirm tonight (Monday for Japan)

This comment from your ad for the black 91 is dead wrong:

"The original motor was the 3.0L V6 pulled from an everyday Accord which featured Honda's VTEC (Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control) system, then upped to 276hp and the redline set at 8000rpm."

The black car you are importing is an automatic, has 252 hp and the NSX V6 did not come from a Honda Accord.

Fixed

Even if it were, it is missing tons of oem parts. :rolleyes:

yay..chairs and flares....

lol..........

Alright back again guys.
I agree from most English sites saying production ended in September 1995. I am trying to get a hold of Honda of Japan to ask about this car.

This is a February 1996 first registration. This doesn't necessarily mean it was built in February 1996, but was first registered in February 1996. Going to try to use chassis code to determine build date.

This car has a "3500cc customized racing engine by TODA racing in Okayama" Estimated 400PS

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• ????????.JPG
    ????????.JPG
    176 KB · Views: 2,084
  • ????????.JPG
    ????????.JPG
    170 KB · Views: 2,085
  • ????????.JPG
    ????????.JPG
    167 KB · Views: 2,076
  • ?????????.JPG
    ?????????.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 2,081
  • ???.JPG
    ???.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 2,066
Last edited:
getting better.....:biggrin:

Because Japan

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• boso.jpg
    boso.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 2,037
  • DSC_8677.JPG
    DSC_8677.JPG
    352.2 KB · Views: 2,048
  • japanese_trucks_006.jpg
    japanese_trucks_006.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 2,030
  • maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 2,048
  • your-guide-to-the-japanese-car-culture-54990_1.jpg
    your-guide-to-the-japanese-car-culture-54990_1.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 2,032
.......because montu................

que up our type S thread please............:wink:

I still can't believe anyone would take a real Type R and turn it into this frankenstein experiment.
actually according to my Japanese car friends, who are admittedly mostly tuners, they don't consider the Type R the halo car we do here. They think the Type R upgrades are a bunch of marketing hype that can be performed better and cheaper by "tuners". It's the typical Japanese tuning mentality though.

It's only been recently that the collectors hold the Type R in high esteem. I'm not surprised to see a bastardized Type R there.

^ THIS

Some of the cars that go through the auctions on a daily basis are some of the most ridiculous cars you will ever see.
Rare Ferraris with fiberglass body kits, 6 speed TT Supras with no body panels for drifting, R34 Skyline Nur GTR with multi color panels.

the point is , then price it accordingly.........

After dealer cost, shipping, legalization, and storage, this car is costing us 22,510,000 JPY. Which at the current exchange rate puts our profit at negligible numbers for this car.
We would gladly sell it for less, if we could buy it for less.

actually according to my Japanese car friends, who are admittedly mostly tuners, they don't consider the Type R the halo car we do here. They think the Type R upgrades are a bunch of marketing hype that can be performed better and cheaper by "tuners". It's the typical Japanese tuning mentality though.

It's only been recently that the collectors hold the Type R in high esteem. I'm not surprised to see a bastardized Type R there.

But why go to the trouble of destroying a real type R which will sell for more unmolested even in Japan when you can hack up any "normal" NSX for less on the initial purchase and then out fender flares, etc on it. Would you expect anyone to do this to a Zanardi?

- - - Updated - - -

After dealer cost, shipping, legalization, and storage, this car is costing us 22,510,000 JPY. Which at the current exchange rate puts our profit at negligible numbers for this car.
We would gladly sell it for less, if we could buy it for less.

Hope you are going to use this as a loss leader or want to keep it in your personal collection because it's not selling here at that price point. Nobody will wait 5 years at any price let alone for one that costs more than a 2017 NSX and is a amalgam of miscellaneous (aka not oem) parts.

Hope you are going to use this as a loss leader or want to keep it in your personal collection because it's not selling here at that price point. Nobody will wait 5 years at any price let alone for one that costs more than a 2017 NSX and is a amalgam of miscellaneous (aka not oem) parts.

Noted. We are on the lookout for a 1992-1993 NSX-R, which would only be a 1-2 year wait. Hopefully we can find an OEM example.

Back