• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Honda releases self driving car

NeoNSX said:
That's cool. Isn't this kind of radar-guided control featured on the Mercede's S-class?

The Mercedes just have something that keeps you a constant distance from the vehicle you are following it never messes with the steering of the car.

AutoEuphoria said:
But doesn't a car that drives itself take all the fun out of driving? :\
Like the fun of driving I-5 from San Francisco to LA?

I wouldn't want an auto-drive car for spirited mountain runs, but for long-haul interstate drives, or stuck-in-traffic commutes, it'd be nice to switch to auto-drive and kick back, read the paper, or take a nap.

Assuming the tech works, of course...

I was unable to watch the video...is this completely self-sufficient or does it rely on a network or something to be guided?

flaminio said:
Like the fun of driving I-5 from San Francisco to LA?

I wouldn't want an auto-drive car for spirited mountain runs, but for long-haul interstate drives, or stuck-in-traffic commutes, it'd be nice to switch to auto-drive and kick back, read the paper, or take a nap.

Assuming the tech works, of course...

Totally agreed, but then it will be nice to have a electric or Hybrid with effecient brakes, small two seaters but could recline all the way...... I don't mind taking additional 30mins sleep on and off work.

Back