• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Honda Trophy at Spa/Francorchamps

I will defenetly try to make it.
I have just swapped employer, so I need to check with them.

------------------
Enjoying life at 8.000 RPM

Originally posted by Detlef Welsch:
Hi NSX'ers,

is anyone of your guys at Spa this year?
(28/29 September 2002)
I hope to meet you there, because last few years, Ive seen more Integras and S2000,
less NSXs... This we must change soon...
Also we should stay in contact for technical
support, I think that the dutch guys have
excellent contacts to USA....(Dali-Racing)
I got my VOLK TE 37 ultralight wheels, TEIN RE suspension, Carbon Air induct (Josting) and steering hub (F52 aeroplane aluminium).
I have english manual for remove steering wheel with wiring and remove suspension)
Tschüss
DeeWee (German NSX)

I am also going to Spa this year with all the other Dutch Guys and (hopefully) girls.

Hi,
I dont install Brembos on my car yet, because
I will have trouble to fit them with Volk wheels. I need spacers with 25mm, its too much, because I still wanna run with
300 km/h on highway if its possible and this is possible here in Germany !!
I ll wait until DaliRacing will have the new
ultralight brake kit, I saw the prototypes.
Very nice stuff.
On my northern loop laptime (8.01), I used
OEM rotors, I sended to ATE automotive where
they produced some power disks (elipticals.)Also I used Ferodo DS 2500 pads. Since my NSX loosed weight over 30 kg with TEIN RE suspension and Volk TE 37 wheels, the car is much easier to handle and brakes are much better than OEM.

If you guys talk about laptimes on northern loop, there are different things you dont know. They use a new start line in the middle of Döttinger Höhe, where you must stop in the middle of a 2 km's long straight. You are loosing time...
If they are using the 'old' starting line before Hatzenbach, they can run all the straight with Topspeed there (~255-260)... thats the difference for laptimes....we dont know,under what conditions they tested....
I cant believe that the new NSX-R is quicker
than old one.... all newer Honda cars are slower than the older...I know this about my Integra Type R, an genious car, but with 10 years old conception.

INFORMATION :
Next week on saturday (24.08.2002) there is the 6 hours race on Nürburgring...
Magazines wrote that the Altschach NSX (old Kremer GT) will run also....may be someone has interests to come to the northern loop (www.altschach.at)

Please feel free and contact me
DeeWee

Originally posted by Detlef Welsch:
Hi,
I dont install Brembos on my car yet, because
I will have trouble to fit them with Volk wheels. I need spacers with 25mm, its too much, because I still wanna run with
300 km/h on highway if its possible and this is possible here in Germany !!
I ll wait until DaliRacing will have the new
ultralight brake kit, I saw the prototypes.
Very nice stuff.
On my northern loop laptime (8.01), I used
OEM rotors, I sended to ATE automotive where
they produced some power disks (elipticals.)Also I used Ferodo DS 2500 pads. Since my NSX loosed weight over 30 kg with TEIN RE suspension and Volk TE 37 wheels, the car is much easier to handle and brakes are much better than OEM.

If you guys talk about laptimes on northern loop, there are different things you dont know. They use a new start line in the middle of Döttinger Höhe, where you must stop in the middle of a 2 km's long straight. You are loosing time...
If they are using the 'old' starting line before Hatzenbach, they can run all the straight with Topspeed there (~255-260)... thats the difference for laptimes....we dont know,under what conditions they tested....
I cant believe that the new NSX-R is quicker
than old one.... all newer Honda cars are slower than the older...I know this about my Integra Type R, an genious car, but with 10 years old conception.

INFORMATION :
Next week on saturday (24.08.2002) there is the 6 hours race on Nürburgring...
Magazines wrote that the Altschach NSX (old Kremer GT) will run also....may be someone has interests to come to the northern loop (www.altschach.at)

Please feel free and contact me
DeeWee

Hi,
I use Brembo Big Brakes (from MOVIT.DE), the same used for the Porsche GT2. They fit perfectly with Technomagnesia Wheels (the former Norcini). For the track I use the 17 inch front (18 rear) wheels with only 7 mm spacers and for street use I have 18 inch front with 10 mm spacers. If you come to Spa or Mas du Clos you can see them on my car. You can also look for the foto's of Monza.

Cheers,
Gerard

Hi,

What hotel are people staying at for this event? I have not been to an event like this before. I looked on the spa circuit web site, and it says that admission is free, is this true? Can I drive round the track for free?!!!

Kevin

OK, I didn't think I could drive on the track for free, I was just joking.

Seriously though a couple of us from the UK want to come down to Spa. I have written to the www.nsx.ch and have not received a reply.

Please could someone send some information about the weekend, or do you not want us to come?

Originally posted by j14nsx:
OK, I didn't think I could drive on the track for free, I was just joking.

Seriously though a couple of us from the UK want to come down to Spa. I have written to the www.nsx.ch and have not received a reply.

Please could someone send some information about the weekend, or do you not want us to come?

Ofcourse we like you to come to Spa.

Here are the costs:

Friday 27th, free training 350 EURO (members 300 EURO)you can train for about 8 hours

Saturday the same 400 EURO (members 350 EURO) and if you want to participate in the NSX Trophy, you must ad another 300 EURO (members 250 EURO)

There are 2 races. The first one 10 laps, the second one is a one hour race.

Sunday 360 EURO.

If you want to join the three days you can pay a total of 980 EURO (members 860)

Pitbox will cost you 100 EURO.

We stay (The Dutch NSX drivers) at Hotel AMIGO, rue 1, B 4800 VERVIER, BELGIUM.

I hope you,ve got enough information and I hope you will all come to Spa.

BTW: On Friday the Briefing is at 09:00
On Saturday 07:30 opening and briefing at 08:15
On Sunday the same as on saturday.

See you at Spa,
Gerard

[This message has been edited by Gerard van Santen (edited 28 August 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Gerard van Santen (edited 28 August 2002).]

Hello everybody,
I would like to try to come to Spa on sunday, but since this is the first time I go there, maybe one of you guys can tell me
how and where we can meet.
Friday & saterday is not possible.( I own a
restaurant and those days are a bit busy).
duke

Hi Duke, and also for all who want to come to Spa.

Getting in on the circuit at Spa was last year a real bummer.
Since there where more races that weekend then only the throphy races (Porsche, Marcos, aso), security was higher then on normal throphy events, not letting all people into the paddock, having to park your NSX on the parkinglot. Only people who where racing, where alowed in with their car.

I don't know how it will be this year, but if it is the same, then i do expect it will be preatty hard to spot the NSX owners in the crowd (small crowd).
Just hangaround the NSX-pitboxes, and speak to people you see wandering around.

Hope we can clearify this matter a bit more, or can be adressed to the Swiss NSX club.

Gerard? (you got the contacts)

Mich
NL

Could someone also explain what we need to wear if we are driving on track? We would only be on the track for the Friday practice, not the race. Do we still need overalls, gloves, of course I always wear a helmet anyway. Also do we need the doctor certificate for the practice sessions?

Originally posted by j14nsx:
Could someone also explain what we need to wear if we are driving on track? We would only be on the track for the Friday practice, not the race. Do we still need overalls, gloves, of course I always wear a helmet anyway. Also do we need the doctor certificate for the practice sessions?

For free training you only need a helmet.

See you at Spa,

Gerard

Hi, Detlef !

I'll be installing my new Momo steering wheel (with Taitec hub from SoS) prior to this weekend's track driving.

I'd be interested in your english manual for OEM steering wheel removal.

Thanks for any assistance
smile.gif

Trond.

------------------
92 Honda NSX, Style Auto body kit (fully repainted incl. roof), Bilstein/Comptech suspension, RH AL 8x18/10x19'' rims with 225/40 & 275/30 Yokohama AVS Sport, RM Racing air inlet/exhaust/gearknob, Comptech cat. pipes, Cantrell CF engine cover, Taitec CF mirrors, AP Racing 330mm brake kit (f&r), SoS sway bars, Taitec hub, SoS CF brake air ducts, Momo steering wheel, DC Sports headers.

Sorry Trond,
an english airbag removal and hub installation guide with pictures about that theme is only for customers, buying my ultralight steering hub. 12 pages of documentation are in delivery package with the hub.
I dont wanna present my work at internet, but maybe SOS have an installation guide.
(I think its necessary having a good removal/installation documentation into delivery package, because it could be very dangerous for customers without experience!)
In my installation guide there are also
wiring diagrams for hub and cruise control,
because with some work its possible having
both functions beyond.
The prototype is installed into my NSX, but I dont wanna produce that for customers, because its handmade cf stuff and it would cost a lot of money.
Maybe you can use the Sparco racing control kit, a simple version of my kit.

But if you are in Spa too I will help you by installation because I need 15 minutes for all.
(Please dont say Im not cooperatively)
Best regards and good luck
Procar Specials
D.Welsch

Hallo Trond,

sorry, the airbag removal and hub installation guide is for my customers only, have bought my ultralight steering hub. I think that each factory should have a good installtion guide because its dangerous without experience.
I dont want that each factory can copy my guide and sell that together with their hubs.
Dont call me unkollegial,but Im a man of principles.
Maybe you are in Spa, so I can do this installation for you. If you have all stuff we need, its a 15 minutes job for me.
(Together with my wiring diagrams its possible to install cruise control too, my prototype has all this functions.)
Best wishes
Procar Specials
D.Welsch
www.daliracing.com has this guide too, but only together with the steering hub

Hi,

it can be much easier like on this page.
And where is the wiring diagram for cruise control?
Other problem not dicriped:
The ground cable that OEM horn use with OEM steering wheel is not the same if you dont have install the cruise control. No horn function, try it.
Its not so easy like some people
means ......
DeeWee

Hi NSX'ers

thats a good example, that most of the themes of this forum doesnt stay in direction they started.
I hope to meet a lot of NSXers in Spa-Francorchamps on overnext weekend, having a great weekend together .-))and 'good'weather
conditions.
DeeWee

Sure Detlef!

Would be nice to meet you.
Hope the weather is good, and we get a lot of NSX'es overthere.
I'll be there from friday till sunday with the whole dutch family
wink.gif

Mich

Have a sad message to all the Dutch NSX-driver with which I am/was supposed to go to Spa.
Don't worry, I'm still going. However, I've been told to attend a training in Belgium on Thursday and Friday which cannot be postponed. Therefore I will have to make it on my own to Spa instead of driving with the rest of you guys.
Haven't got all the details yet but will let you know as soon as I have them through private email.

Hi everybody,
I Hope you will have a nice weekend.
I'm not able to make it down there, my frontwheel hub needs a repalcement before it can make that kind of trip.
I hope you guys brings cameras and post it on the forum for us that ddidn't make it.
have fun

------------------
Enjoying life at 8.000 RPM

Back