• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hooking up parking brake wires

Hey guys, just got my pioneer AVH-p3300BT installed, and am having the movie playing issue. Problem is, I can not watch movies or anything (load up images for a background capture, etc) even with the parking break up. I have no desire to watch movies or anything while the car is moving, but I would like the option of being able to play a movie or something with the E brake up.

Does anyone know off hand where I need to hook up the light green e brake wire from the stereo to on the E brake? The manual says to the power supply side of the parking brake switch, but not sure which side that is. Thanks

Adrian

Re: Hooking up parking break wires

Problem solved. Hooked the wire up to some speaker wire, and added a adapter and put it on a e brake screw, which when the e brake is up causes the adapter to ground out. Here is a video if anyone is curious (not sure if this is how it's supposed to work, but tested it a good 30 times, worked every time)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1jcq_AyzQU&feature=plcp

also a fuzzy night pic of the completed install, will post better pics tomorrow

download.jpg

Wife modified the original console, did 95 percent of the sanding/primer/painting.

It's illegal but you can bypass any safety brakes on dvd/nav units. Some have "pulse" detection so the normal ebrake to ground and foot brake to power supply don't always work if they're constant. I wired in 2 switches to trigger them so they'll never be a problem.

I have the exact same model.

You can use the remote turn on wire to control a relay... then relay then closes the ebrake circuit.

That causes a delay... and the delay allows you to bypasses the ebrake requirement.

Oh I did not want to by pass it. Not big in watching movies in the car, just the original hookup, regardless of e brake position, I could not do anything movie wise. Now with new setup, it works as intended, which is fine for me. I know some people do it, but driving and watching movies is not for me. This was more for people looking for another way to do it the legal way.

Oh I did not want to by pass it. Not big in watching movies in the car, just the original hookup, regardless of e brake position, I could not do anything movie wise. Now with new setup, it works as intended, which is fine for me. I know some people do it, but driving and watching movies is not for me. This was more for people looking for another way to do it the legal way.

I hear ya. I was just thinking about the wife/mistress/girlfriend that gets bored on long drives!

Back