• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hoping to swap 18" & 19"

I recently purchased my 1991 Acura NSX and it came 18" and 19" wheels. it is my understanding that the car rides better with smaller wheels. Is anyone able to expand on that.

I was looking to possibly find someone to swap wheels with, and thoughts.

I will have to try to get more information about the wheels. Unfortunately, I don't have the most information about them.

Acura NSX.jpg

I always loved my 18/19 setup. For me it was a sacrifice of looks over ride. 17/18 is a very popular setup for a better ride and a better selection of tires. Remember, the more sidewall you have the better cushion the ride.

17/18 is probably the most popular set up here on Prime..... my personal concern with the 18/19 set up is the front tire is going to have very thin sidewall (215/35/18) and the risk of bending the wheels is quite high.

as for look, it is a personal preference.

I always loved my 18/19 setup. For me it was a sacrifice of looks over ride. 17/18 is a very popular setup for a better ride and a better selection of tires. Remember, the more sidewall you have the better cushion the ride.

Back