• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hot Import Nights San Mateo 8/18/2012

Whats Up Guys,

Just wanted to let everyone know that Hot Import Nights is coming back to the bay this August.

HIN has teamed up with IGN to produce the Ultimate Automotive Entertainment Attraction and Digital Experience at the San Mateo County Event Center. We are looking for the best of the best cars to come out and showcase the event. If you have a car crew and or a vendor that wants to come out and get your name out, and contact me at [email protected] and We will see you guys there.

MODEL SIGN-UP
[email protected]

VEHICLE REGISTRATION:
https://xdc.webconnex.com/sfcarreg2012

TICKETING:
https://xdc.webconnex.com/smtickets2012

HINsanmateo2012.jpg

We get a discount if we get 10 or more - anyone game?

"Car Clubs of 10 or more are eligible for a team discount. Please contact [email protected] with the name of your club and number of entries for instructions.

Each $50 Car Registration includes 2 passes to the event. One for the driver, and one for a passenger or guest. "

You seem to be posting and spamming every forum and I'll reply exactly what I wrote in your other post too.

Asking people to PAY $$$ so they can show their car is old news and few people will do this anymore. You guys get all the profit, we have to pay plus we have to find a ride to drop off the car the night before, no thanks!

Too many local car shows now that are either free or lower in terms of cost and less rules, this is why HIN went away in the first place. Biased judges who have pre-determined winners picking cars based on nothing but opinions.

You seem to be posting and spamming every forum and I'll reply exactly what I wrote in your other post too.

Asking people to PAY $$$ so they can show their car is old news and few people will do this anymore. You guys get all the profit, we have to pay plus we have to find a ride to drop off the car the night before, no thanks!

Too many local car shows now that are either free or lower in terms of cost and less rules, this is why HIN went away in the first place. Biased judges who have pre-determined winners picking cars based on nothing but opinions.

:eek:

Wow, S4Play… kinda harsh, no? I won't dig too deep into your post for my commentary, but i will say/ask the following.

You have a complaint that they keep all the profit. In your opinion, what SHOULD they do with the profit?

^LOL James I don't really care, maybe I'm too old for car shows but I hate the ones that charge outrageous money and make you sit around like you are doing them a favor.

Go ahead if you guys want to attend :) I just think there are many better car shows than this "type" of arrangement for a piece of plastic.

They should be paying us to bring our nice cars to make their show look better IMO

I grew tired of car shows in general about two years ago also, HIN included. Not just showing, but even going to look, even the free shows. It's just not really my interest anymore.

That said, I really don't see anything wrong with what they're doing. If people still want to pay for that scene, then more power to them. If their business model is no longer successful, they'll go the way of the dodo birds. But as long as there's money flowing these shows will continue.

Charging as much as the market will bear for a product or service… you understand that, I'm sure :wink:

I

I've never been to Hot August Nights (though I like the Neil Diamond album), but free or otherwise, parking my car to show it to other people isn't my thing. For one reason, that would require washing it.

If I want people to see my adorable little NSX and go "Oooh! Ahhhh!" I'll park it near the mall. :)

(Oh. It's called Hot Import Nights, not Hot August Nights. Pretend that you liked the joke anyway.)

-Alan

Back