• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hotel Recommendation in South Beach

I'm planning a short trip to South Beach, Miami May 12-May 15 but don't know where to stay.

I've read on the net that the Leows and tide hotels are the hot spots, any other places I should check out before booking?

Also are there any restaurants , nightclubs or hot spots you'd recommend.

Last question, I was thinking of renting an exotic to make it easier to get into hotspots, is this a wise idea or will making reservations and cabbing it around do the trick? Or will I have to grease the bouncers......

Thanks for any advise.

Johnny

NSX2NV said:
I'm planning a short trip to South Beach, Miami May 12-May 15 but don't know where to stay.

I've read on the net that the Leows and tide hotels are the hot spots, any other places I should check out before booking?

Also are there any restaurants , nightclubs or hot spots you'd recommend.

Last question, I was thinking of renting an exotic to make it easier to get into hotspots, is this a wise idea or will making reservations and cabbing it around do the trick? Or will I have to grease the bouncers......

Thanks for any advise.

Johnny

YOu would probably have more luck posting in the Florida section...

Loews, delano, Tides and Shore Club are all nice and relatively close to each other.

In terms of restaurants, there are many.. It depends on what you like and how much you want to spend. It varies from reasonable $15-20 per plate to sky's the limit...

Clubs and bars- it all depends on what you like and what night it is.

I would not recommend renting an exotic for several reasons.. I guess you have an extensive budget so costs doesn't seem to be an issue.. Exotics cost anywhere from $1000-2000 a day (depends on the car) plus parking ($20 or more per day)... if you stay at one of those hotels, you are literally blocks away from good restaurants and clubs... Valet at clubs is like $30 and it doesn't guarantee an entry... Might as well grease the monkeys at the door and you don't have to worry about anything.. Plus the beach is gridlocked all the time... You will not get to drive the car unless you leave.. Plus you have the worry of someone keying the car or damaging it while parked.

Lastly, those exotic rental places are the worse.. they are all independently owned and they scam like crazy... My wife worked at one for a few months and it was nuts...

Hope this helps.....

If you pm Miami nsx (Armando) he will tell you were all the hot spots are, I allways stayed at the Shore Club.

Mango's on Ocean Drive is a must! If you walk north around the Setai, and the Shore Club along the beach, you will see many topless babes! I just did some warranty work at the Setai's Hotel (in front) of the big High-rise. Hit the clubs at night, they will go til 3-4am!!!! Great food anywhere along ocean dr. Last time I was there a few months agao, I saw an Enzo, 4 Carrera GT's, 2 Murci's, and many Galardos!!!!

check out the club mansion, very cool, also nikkis beach club sunday nights! both loaded with talent. also if you might try calling ahead or the concierge at your hotel to get on "the list"

spyderman33 said:
YOu would probably have more luck posting in the Florida section...

Loews, delano, Tides and Shore Club are all nice and relatively close to each other.

In terms of restaurants, there are many.. It depends on what you like and how much you want to spend. It varies from reasonable $15-20 per plate to sky's the limit...

Clubs and bars- it all depends on what you like and what night it is.

I would not recommend renting an exotic for several reasons.. I guess you have an extensive budget so costs doesn't seem to be an issue.. Exotics cost anywhere from $1000-2000 a day (depends on the car) plus parking ($20 or more per day)... if you stay at one of those hotels, you are literally blocks away from good restaurants and clubs... Valet at clubs is like $30 and it doesn't guarantee an entry... Might as well grease the monkeys at the door and you don't have to worry about anything.. Plus the beach is gridlocked all the time... You will not get to drive the car unless you leave.. Plus you have the worry of someone keying the car or damaging it while parked.

Lastly, those exotic rental places are the worse.. they are all independently owned and they scam like crazy... My wife worked at one for a few months and it was nuts...

Hope this helps.....

What Julian said.............................. and regarding renting an exotic rental, they dont have as much "Bling" factor down here as you will see 1 or more parked in front of all the hot clubs.

Armando

I stayed at the South seas on collins for New Years eve and liked it alot. The club mansion is very hot and so is crobar. Ill be there May 11-15.

Thanks guys,

Brian "The Shore Club" looks awesome but damn $650 a night. I found a site precisionreservations.com that has it listed for $158 a night. They will confim the reservation in two business days but it seems to good to be true. Can anyone recommend a site or discount codes to the shore club.

I'm not going to rent the exotic probably get something decent to run around Miami for one day. I always wanted to rent a ferrari or Lambo for the day but with the valet and parking rates Miami does not look like the place to rent from.

Are there any must see's in Miami downtown?

Thanks again guys.

You wanted high roller recommendations... :)

Shore club is nice but I don't think $650 a night nice...

The parking/valet rates are the least of your costs when you rent an exotic....

Must sees in downtown? Probably Club Space...

NSX2NV said:
Thanks guys,

Brian "The Shore Club" looks awesome but damn $650 a night. I found a site precisionreservations.com that has it listed for $158 a night. They will confim the reservation in two business days but it seems to good to be true. Can anyone recommend a site or discount codes to the shore club.

I'm not going to rent the exotic probably get something decent to run around Miami for one day. I always wanted to rent a ferrari or Lambo for the day but with the valet and parking rates Miami does not look like the place to rent from.

Are there any must see's in Miami downtown?

Thanks again guys.

All I know is that there are naked people in the pool at the Delano. Naked people. That's all I'm saying.

Back