• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Houston-Austin end of the summer drive, Sept 2006

I'm so jealous that I can't make this trip.

My shop never calls me with updates or anything a dn i'm worried it's just sitting there with no one attending to it.

jjeray said:
Are we going to San Antonio and then to Austin???

We are not going anywhere near Austin, TX. We are headed to, and around, San Antonio. After we make the drive through the hill country, we will reverse the route.

Wheelman said:
What time do you think we will be back in H-Town? I'm going in early everyday to make this trip but still have some other engagements to make.

If we leave on time, and keep our stops short, and our drive fun, the entire day will be roughly 12 - 14 hours. Thus, we should be home by 10:00 PM that evening.

SamBel said:
Anita (my wife) will be with me...more female attendance will make here feel a LOT better... :wink:

Good, I was hoping the excessive bathroom breaks were not going to be a problem :biggrin:

Anyway, I am trying to get some two way radios as well. The lead driver will need one so we can radio up and let you know when necessary to stop for the restroom (I'll try to keep her at a minimum guys).

DVDoughboy said:
I'm so jealous that I can't make this trip.

My shop never calls me with updates or anything a dn i'm worried it's just sitting there with no one attending to it.

:eek: It is your insurance company man. We are required to follow up at least four times during the repair process, and after talking to the shop, have to update you the customer as well. :wink: Anyway, if parts aren't an issue, it should be done already.

If we leave on time, and keep our stops short, and our drive fun, the entire day will be roughly 12 - 14 hours. Thus, we should be home by 10:00 PM that evening.

Wow! I know this is the drive of all drives but I was going to take my wife (Ngoc). I am pretty sure she can't handle a drive that long and we have an engagement later in the evening. Where is the lunch stop at?

Where is the lunch stop at?
Our first stop will be in Flatonia, TX. I will try to find a good stop on Loop 1604 as we head around San Antonio. Our other planned stop will be in Bandera, TX. After that, all stops will be as needed/wanted/requested, etc...
How about going at least till Bandera ?? Do you think that'll be too long ??

Wheelman said:
Wow! I know this is the drive of all drives but I was going to take my wife (Ngoc). I am pretty sure she can't handle a drive that long and we have an engagement later in the evening. Where is the lunch stop at?

Sorry about that timing issue...not too much interest in the two day, and too far to go to get to the great stuff.

I thought I had mentioned the expected times and miles a couple of weeks ago...

Lunch will probably be in Medina, which is just outside of Bandera.

I think we can stick around for lunch then head back. What time are we expected in Medina and what yummy supersized foods are we gonna eat this time :)

So the drive is around the San Antonio area? What time are we going to be in SA on the schedule? Anyone putting bras on their car? Will the OEM bra fit with the Wings West front spoiler?

SamBel said:
Anita (my wife) will be with me...more female attendance will make here feel a LOT better... :wink:

My wife will probably coming along also !

Wheelman said:

txtony said:
I am in but will have to return to Houston after lunch. Looking forward to it.

Gentlemen (you, too, Ricky :wink: ).

Not that I wish to dissuade anyone from attending the outing, however, if you do not plan on going the full route, to and from lunch is going to be almost three hours, each way, of I-10, at posted speed levels. I will do my best to find a suitable lunch stop for your 400 mile trip, but I hate to make any promises.

Now, the route after lunch will be MORE than worth the time, I promise. :smile:

These long trips...suggestions to bring

Tools
fix-a-flat
extra SC belt
air pump
(Radar Detector)
Water
Beer
Jimmy Hat.....:)

Hey guys I have a family wedding that I must attend Saturday so Sarah and I are out. :frown:

Be safe, have a great time, and please take pictures to post!

Paul

Now that I'm back to reality .. :) .. I have to thank Sam for putting together a really awesome route for us yesterday! .. It was great fun (along with other adventures we had along the way :wink: ) .. Hope we can do this again ...

Thanks, Sam!!

Cheers .. Gus

Thanks Sam for the planning and leadership, and thanks to the group for the warm welcome and hope to see all again soon for whatever event.

James the winemaker

Good times and a nice warm welcome in Bandera from Bandera's finest made the event so memorable! But what a site it was to see all these NSX's down the twisty mountain roads. It looked like Nascar with NSXs. Hope to be able to take the 3 twisted sisters in the future with you all. Very nice to meet all the new NSX'rs in the Houston area and nice to see everyone. Post pics whenever who brought their cameras gets a chance. I brought my camera but forgot to put the darn memory stick in, doh!

Ricky

Back