• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Houston neighborhoods

Hello,
I am hoping to get suggestions on some areas that are NSX friendly and decent to live inside the 8 loop. My wife and I will be relocating there sometime in the next 6 months and are not familiar with much of Houston. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

When you say the 8 loop, I am guessing that you mean Beltway 8? When most Houstonians refer to inside the loop, they are usually talking about 610.

Anyway, I can't speak for anything but the west side of town but there are many places inside of Beltway 8 that will be fine for you and your car. One of the places that come to mind is the Memorial area. This area is just south of I-10 on the west side of town outside the 610 loop and is an outstanding area to live in. However, land is definitely not cheap there.
There are so many places to list that it would be better to state what part of town you will be working and whether or not you have children (and what age if you do).

Matt, thanks for the reply and yes the Beltway 8, (I wasnt sure of the lingo):smile:.

It looks like I will be working Downtown and my wife's office is on the north east 610 loop. We dont have kids, just 2 spoiled rotten dogs, so we definatley want some kind of yard for them to run in.

Hope the added info helps.

When you say the 8 loop, I am guessing that you mean Beltway 8? When most Houstonians refer to inside the loop, they are usually talking about 610.

Anyway, I can't speak for anything but the west side of town but there are many places inside of Beltway 8 that will be fine for you and your car. One of the places that come to mind is the Memorial area. This area is just south of I-10 on the west side of town outside the 610 loop and is an outstanding area to live in. However, land is definitely not cheap there.
There are so many places to list that it would be better to state what part of town you will be working and whether or not you have children (and what age if you do).

I like the Memorial area, Tanglewood area, Piney Point area, and the Heights area is growing on me(not the pricing however). If you have a realtor, ask about those areas and take a look. :smile:

Btw, they are pricey, but it's all about location location location! :biggrin:

Matt, thanks for the reply and yes the Beltway 8, (I wasnt sure of the lingo):smile:.

It looks like I will be working Downtown and my wife's office is on the north east 610 loop. We dont have kids, just 2 spoiled rotten dogs, so we definatley want some kind of yard for them to run in.

Hope the added info helps.

With this info, I would recommend living in the Rice Military area in a nice townhome. They usually run around $300k for a 3k sq ft townhome (avg price). This area is inside the loop (610) and on the south side of I-10. I'm assuming you are a relatively young couple so you should fit right in with this area. The only downside that I can think of is that the roads aren't the best (lots of potholes, really narrow). I, myself, would've chosen to live here except my office is way out west and I didn't want to have to deal with fighting with I-10 traffic every day. These days, I-10 is looking real good going west of 610 with the expansion that should be completed within the next year or so.

The best thing to do is to get a good realtor and check out some of these areas suggested. And post back here when you are wanting to know more about a specific area.

Memorial park always has smoking hott women walking/jogging everyday. I know this does'nt help, but it is an added bonus.:rolleyes:

Btw, PM or email me before you purchase, and I can tell you what builders are good and what not. I work in construction and I can tell you who the quality builders are, or more so who are not.

if the prior areas end up being a little high in cost:
west= Katy (by Z...direct tollway to downtown)
north=Spring, Woodlands (more towards me, Nick, Tony....tollway to downtown)

each of us have our reasons why we are where we are.... lots of great places all around the city.

Scott

if you want to check out areas around Rice Military, the Heights or even Memorial, I can show you around. Just Pm me.

Is sharpstown on the edge of sugarland an ok area? We are told it's located on the better side of Gessner. Just inside the 8.

Is sharpstown on the edge of sugarland an ok area? We are told it's located on the better side of Gessner. Just inside the 8.

I would recommend NOT moving to Sharpstown, or anywhere in that vicinity!

Btw, not to sound rude, but if you have a realtor that recommended Sharpstown area, fire them. :redface:

Back