• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How about a general Product Reviw section

In looking for information on user reviews of products available for our cars in both the aftermarket and OEM replacements, I found that some areas, like tires were fairly well-covered, but other areas were scanty. Searches can work but seperating actual reviews in posts from the product simply being mentioned was time-consuming. On www.miata.net, they have a product review section that was instrumental in making informed purchases for my former car and as we are a much smaller community it shouldn't take too much time or server space to compile a complete list, broken down into catagories i.e Intake, exhaust, suspension, etc. Would be welcome I think. Agree, disagree? Comment?

Thanks for the support...I got the impression I was shouting in an immense desert sparsley populated by truck-driving Bedouins who never buy aftermarket parts...

Because no one responded w/in 24 hrs?
Have a little patience ...............

As to the question - I would not mind personally, but then I am disciplined enough to post in the appropriate forum and think it makes sense to categorize, especially when searching - unfortunately not all our subscribers follow suite & there are a significant number of threads in the general forum that could easily have been started in an existing specific forum. I believe there have been other equally good suggestions that have not made it into individual groupings because the general feeling is there are already a significant number of categories present, compounded when members don't utilize them appropriately.

uh...I was kiddin 'bout the shouting. I just find having a unified catagorized list in one place, like the FAQs, say is real user-friendly. Easily edited, and after a few reviews from users, we all get a clear picture of the pluses and minuses. Look at the miata site and you'll see what I mean. It beats combing searches:)

The Vendor forum is also supposed to be for product reviews, but most people post them elsewhere. Actually I think most people post them in a response to a question someone posts elsewhere. I can get stricter about moving them if that would help.

The Vendor forum seems to be more of a place that they post their sales and new items. I think having a product review section would be excellent. It could even be tied into the FAQ.. which sort of has that already.

Back