• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How about another Sunday Morning Drive?

Hey all you east bay NSX'ers. I want to get a group together to continue the Sunday morning drive tradition into the NEW Year 2003. I have been driving routes down here in the Dublin Livermore backroads that can be strung together for an interesting morning ride. I am looking to do this on Super Bowl Sunday morning so we can get out and enjoy the AM and then all can go off to whatever they have planned for the afternoon and enjoy the Raiders kick the *&#! out of whoever they meet in San Diego! (I hope I am not getting ahead of myself here.) The plan is to meet at 8:30AM at the Starbucks in San Ramon about 3/4 mile east of the 680 / Alcosta exit. More parking here than at the Dublin Starbucks. From here a series of backroads, canyon runs and city streets out to Livermore Wine country. Then out Corral hollow to I-5, North on I-5 one exit and head back westward over Pidgeon Pass to the LL laboratories and back into wine country for a stop at one of several wineries for a quick Quality Control session. From here its off to Super Bowl Sunday activities that you have planned. A good way to get the blood Pumping before a big game. Let me know if anyone is interested. The following week is our monthly lunch so we could get a few weekend sessions in car in a row. I will be posting a map soon and if you have any questions please e-mail at [email protected]. Club radios recommended as pidgeon pass will need a scout up ahead. Any So. Bay or Central valley folks are also welcome. Heck, if the penninsula gang want to drive on over please feel welcome.

Cheers,

1NSX2GO

------------------
1NSX2GO
97 NSX-T, 6-spd, Red/Onyx, Bridgstone SO3's, rest is stock

Oh man..! I won't get back from Florida until late afternoon....fudge! How about a drive on Monday? I'm off work. Just a suggestion.

------------------
1994 Green-black roof/tan, 5 speed
Do you know of another Green-Black roof NSX?? Please email me if you do.

Im for it, I'll check if the others are free this sunday am. There are 5-7 in my area.

Will you be attending the track event on saturday with "Autozotica"?

[This message has been edited by spartan2-3 (edited 20 January 2003).]

Hi Spartan2-3,

I didn't know that there was an Autozotica event this weekend. I was just on their site and saw no mention of it. Where are they going? It's my wifes birthday and I have already promised her that day. I have been out checking the roads this weekend and it looks like a 2-3 hour drive with stops. Plenty of time to get to the Super Bowl and watch the Raiders. Hope you can scare up a few of the other NSX'ers from up your way.

------------------
1NSX2GO

Originally posted by spartan2-3:
Im for it, I'll check if the others are free this sunday am. There are 5-7 in my area.

Will you be attending the track event on saturday with "Autozotica"?

[This message has been edited by spartan2-3 (edited 20 January 2003).]

Romeo,
I miss all the fun

Sounds like fun, I just hope the rain goes away by the weekend.

Autozotica should have sent you a private invite. Its not really a drive...Its umm, well.. I have sworn to Ben L. I wouldnt let the cat out of the bag
biggrin.gif
but if you really want to know you can private me. Did your son have a good time on our last meet?(Autozotica)

I'll contact the others and see what they have lined up..

Bob, get another NSX so you wont miss out on the fun..How are things in HK? I still admire the NSX-R's you gave me last x-mas..
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by spartan2-3 (edited 21 January 2003).]

I am definately interested but, that all depends on the weather.

------------------
Jay
'91 Red/Ivory (Sold)
'96 Red/Black

Bob, get another NSX so you wont miss out on the fun..How are things in HK? I still admire the NSX-R's you gave me last x-mas..
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by spartan2-3 (edited 21 January 2003).]

Yeah, I wish I can have an nsx-r like that too. I was shopping for a white nsx in Hong Kong, but landed on a silver 993 C2 instead. I couldn't pass up on this 95% new condition used Porsche. It is a fun car, but not as fun as cruising with the easybay nsx group in my good old nsx.

The Weather Channel says that there is only a 10% chance of rain and the 2 days before will be partly cloudy. So hopefully the weather will hold up and the roads will only have a little water from seepage off the hillsides. The hills are nice and grren now and coming up Patterson Pass road out of the valley fog and into the sunshine is breathtaking. Glad to see you'all ready for a drive. Anybody need detailed directions to the Starbucks in San Ramon? I'm thinking of the final stop to be the Wente Sparkling wine facility back up Arroyo Rd. in the Livermore foothills. And then like I said, we can go watch the Raiders kick the *$@# out of Tampa Bay! I think the pre-game show should begin with 2 Pirate ships on opposite sides of the field firing broadsides at each other and team flags flying from the Main masts. Post games could have one ship in flames and bucs walking the plank off the Raider's ship. Whadaya think?

------------------
1NSX2GO

Originally posted by nsx2000:
Yeah, I wish I can have an nsx-r like that too. I was shopping for a white nsx in Hong Kong, but landed on a silver 993 C2 instead. I couldn't pass up on this 95% new condition used Porsche. It is a fun car, but not as fun as cruising with the easybay nsx group in my good old nsx.

Bob, you bought a 993?? Wow, what year is it? Is it a "T"? ahhh..the last of the air cooled flat six..
wink.gif

Pat, we will have to exhange our cell numbers. Remember what happened last time
wink.gif

Bob, you bought a 993?? Wow, what year is it? Is it a "T"? ahhh..the last of the air cooled flat six..
wink.gif

[/B]

Yes, "T" as in Tiptronic, not Targa glasstop tho.

I just came back home after work today and found my 01 Lexus LX470 got stolen right inside my private garage. I was told there is only a slim chance of recover it in Hong Kong. The security guard log book showed someone stole it and drove away 18 hours ago. The car should be in China mainland now or on a boat going to middle east countries. But the good news is my 993 is still parked at the same place "was parked behind the LX470" untouched.

The LX470 is the top stolen car in Hong Kong. And usually, they get smuggle out of Hong Kong right away and will never recover after 4 hours lost.

I spent my last 3 hours talking to a bunch of police officers and housing security people. And to the insurance agent again tomorrow. My lexus has only 15000km but the insurance will probably pay me with back with the half price of the original tag or just enough to payoff the car loan.

Big lost here but I still feeling ok because they didn't take the 993 with them, which has only liability insurance. I pay US$1500/year for liability insurance, but if I buy full coverage, it will cost me US$5000/year for this used 993. I will have to put in more sercuity device on my 993 tomorrow morning. I have a feeling that they might come back and take it next time when they ever need a 993.

Sorry, if I have hijacked this thread. I had to let it burst when I have a chance to reply about my loved cars.

[This message has been edited by nsx2000 (edited 22 January 2003).]

Originally posted by Like007:
Hi
Please let me know when and where we meet,
if Mark Basch well finish my car on
saturday I will defenetly GO
Please email me derection at
[email protected]
Thanks
Igor

Igor,

Did you get a BBSC or is he just doing some work on your car?

------------------
Jay
'91 Red/Ivory (Sold)
'96 Red/Black

Originally posted by 1NSX2GO:
The plan is to meet at 8:30AM at the Starbucks in San Ramon about 3/4 mile east of the 680 / Alcosta exit.

Eric, here you go.....

------------------
Jay
'91 Red/Ivory (Sold)
'96 Red/Black

I'd love to go to things like this in general, and thanks to Romeo now know to look here. However, getting all the way to San Ramone from the Peninsula by 8:30am means getting up WAY too early on a Sunday for me! I hope to see you guys on the next one.

Chip

------------------
Chip Alexander
'97 Blue/Tan NSX-T with Tubi Exhaust, Italian Horn
'92 Green/Tan Lexus SC400 Coupe
'02 Blue/Tan BMW 325iT Sportwagon

The best way to get here from the city is to come across the Bay Bridge and get on I-580 east toward Stockton. This will take you through Castro Valley and over the foothills toward Dublin. I-580 crosses I-680 in Dublin. You will want to get onto I-680 heading North at the interchange. Heading north on I-680, the first off-ramp is a street called Alcosta. Exit here at Alcosta and at the light at the top of the exit ramp, turn right. You should be heading east, toward the sun, on Alcosta and go down about 1 mile where you will see on your right a Ralphs market, a Blockbuster video store and a Starbucks. This is the starbucks we will be meeting at Sunday morning at 8:30AM. If you are coming down from Walnut Creek, exit at the Alcosta off-ramp and at the light at the top of the exit ramp, turn left. You should be heading east on Alcosta, and about a mile down, look for the Ralphs Market. If you have any problems I will have my cellphone with me (925 200-1427). See you Sunday morning.

Cheers,
Pat Martinez

------------------
1NSX2GO

Hey Steve, I tried calling you this morning of the drive to hook up to go.

Well i would like to thank Pat once again for setting this event up. It was a pretty good turn out and the drive was great. Thanks again

Back