• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How can you tell if its an Authentic Downforce NSX-R CF Wing?

Hi Guys,

The thread says it all...

How can you confirm that its an authentic DF NSX-R Wing?

Is there any distinct markings? Or is there a specific cf weave pattern that DF uses?

Looking to buying a used one but saw some fitment issues which got me curious to how you can check if its an actual DF Part...

I know it can be an adjustment issue but I figure I check with prime first!

For DF NSX-R Wing Owners any chance you can take a close up of the fitment on the left and right side?

And photo from the top showing how the leading legs of the wing flow onto the body?

Thanks in advanced!

almost all Downforce product have a sticker or a badge weaved into the underside of their products. on the wing its under one fo the I believe driverside wing post under the wire harness.

some of them with the sticker just fall off after awhile so then your left with a real one but no sticker.

all aftermarket parts such as this all have fitment issues. I don't care what 2-3 people say they don't fit right EVER. now you can adjust it to a point where even the most OCD person can live with the fitment issue.
or the super OCD like most NSX owners are they drive with it for a few months then sell if off and return to factory.

goodluck they look badass though.

also.............. I with the wing installed looking out your rear view mirror you lose like 4 inches in the center of you line of sight.
so you neck is going in and out like a turtle to see whats behind you

shawn110975 is right. I recently bought their wing and new mold hood. Attached are pics.

The decal that came with mine is a hologram style silver decal with DOWNFORCE and a serial# on it. This is the underside of my hood.
The other two pics are of the leading edge of the wing foot on the drivers side. HTH.

-DREW-GOPR0010.jpgGOPR0011.jpgGOPR0012.jpg

Thanks guys for the information...

I was able to confirm all parts are authentic through a tech at DF that recognizes the car that im purchasing the parts from...

Back