• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How did you pay for your car?

How did you pay for your car?

• Cash

Votes: 106 67.5%
  • Car Loan

Votes: 30 19.1%
  • Leased

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • Home Equity Loan

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Gift

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Other

Votes: 5 3.2%

• Total voters
1/2 loan and 1/2 cash. Interest rates were good 6-7 years ago!

Sold stock to raise cash. This was in April of 2000, so it turned out to be a great investment. The stock ended up going to zero, while the NSX has retained most of its value since.

"Sold stock to raise cash." I did the same! If I dont have cash, or an investment I can liquidate, I dont buy. The stock I sold In Dec..I am still ahead with the G...

My first car loan was with my NSX, (paid cash for all my previous cars) but since I was a Finance noob at the time, I never really realized how much of a shafting the interest was getting me. :eek: So once I realized that after a year, I paid the rest off in cash. :smile:

at what point do you consider someone Wealthy, and what point is Poor?

Both are ambiguous terms, just like "Middle Class" is.

I generally lump as "wealthy" anyone who does not need to save for retirement because they can retire comfortably without saving, and anyone as "poor" who does not save for retirement because they do not have enough income to do so.

A "wealthy" person can finance toys because the interest combined with depreciation makes no significant difference to his bottom line, and the "poor" person can only get the toys through financing.

I do make the assumption that wealthy, Middle class, or poor, everyone's gotta have their toys.

I used the Carlton Sheet's Guide to Real Estate Investing, sold Cutco knives, and placed tiny classified ads using Don Leprix's strategy. I'm so glad that college forced me to pull all-nighters so I could watch those infomercials. Thanks Dr. Zizmore!

Winnings from Nick's poker site.

I paid cash by listening to this guy:

vubabes.jpg

Just listen to him, he's brilliant!

"Are you man enough to get off your lazy American ass and go to Vu’s seminars?"
I was!

"A lot of your friends will tell you, 'Don't come to the seminar. It's a get-rich-quick plan.' Well, tell them, it is a get-rich-quick plan because life is too short to get rich slow."
I didn't waste time getting rich slowly. I got rich quickly!

"Do you think these girls like me? NO, they like my money!"
True dat!

"Don't listen to your friends. They're losers!"
Okay.

"Today I'm gonna show you how to drive a sports car. First, you need a lot of money!"
Hence, that's how I have my NSX.

Last edited:
Online poker
didnt u see the thread? :biggrin:

I paid cash by listening to this guy:

vubabes.jpg

Just listen to him, he's brilliant!

"Are you man enough to get off your lazy American ass and go to Vu’s seminars?"
I was!

"A lot of your friends will tell you, 'Don't come to the seminar. It's a get-rich-quick plan.' Well, tell them, it is a get-rich-quick plan because life is too short to get rich slow."
I didn't waste time getting rich slowly. I got rich quickly!

"Do you think these girls like me? NO, they like my money!"
True dat!

"Don't listen to your friends. They're losers!"
Okay.

"Today I'm gonna show you how to drive a sports car. First, you need a lot of money!"
Hence, that's how I have my NSX.

This brings back memories. Didn't Tom get arrested for tax evasion?

Greetings

You are wealthy -- per the IRS -- if you are married and have an adjusted gross income of more than $60K.

I paid cash for mine -- Petra bought it for me and let me pay for it. :)

Martin

Back