• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How do I disconnect seatbelt/key buzzer?

When I get in the car, especially on a hot day, I like to start the car with the door open, turn on the air and/or lower the windows, adjust the stereo and then close the door, attach my seat belt and drive off.

Unfortunately, Acura would prefer me to get in the car, close the door, put on my seatbelt, and then put the key in the ignition to turn on the power or start the car. If I don't my 2000 NSX emits a terribly loud and irritating buzzer.

I've searched the threads and cannot figure how to disconnect this buzzer. Can someone please help me!

ChopsJazz said:
I think you can unplug it from under the seat.

Yep, you can on the 94s. It is the smaller of the 2 connectors under there (the other is for the seat controls)

Plugs under the seat

Sorry guys but on a '00 there are two plugs under the seat. One controls the seat bottom and the other the seat back.

I would really like to disconnect the key alarm or seatbelt buzzer or whatever you call it. It is under the dash on the driver's side, but I cannot seem to find it and have no idea what it looks like.

Any help out there?!!!

Re: Plugs under the seat

ubenergy said:
Sorry guys but on a '00 there are two plugs under the seat. One controls the seat bottom and the other the seat back.

I would really like to disconnect the key alarm or seatbelt buzzer or whatever you call it. It is under the dash on the driver's side, but I cannot seem to find it and have no idea what it looks like.

Any help out there?!!!

Your best bet is to fool then sensor inot thinking that the seatbelt IS connected than to go mucking around looking for a buzzer.

Option 1:
Just cut the wire pair leading to the seat belt clip (between the steel support and the decorative plastic cover). Either open ot bridged should fool it into thinking it works.

Option 2:
Buy a spare belt clip & belt buckle. Clip them together, wire them up and leave them under the seat. Use your exisiting set as you please.

My $.02. Good luck.

"Our cars have a buzzer if you don't but your seatbelt on? Do all models have this? because mine doesnt"

My '00 has a loud and very irratating buzzer when you put the key in the ignition with the door open or start the car without your seatbelt buckled.

I want to wear my seatbelt, but I just want to start my car in silence with the door open on hot days.

Also White94:

"Either open ot bridged should fool it into thinking it works."

What do you mean by this? I don't understand.

Originally posted by ubenergy "Either open ot bridged should fool it into thinking it works."
What do you mean by this? I don't understand.

Open = just snip the red/black wire pair going up to the buckle so that the wires are not in contact with each other. If electricity cannot pass from postive(one wire, usually red) to ground (the other, usually black) then that is an open circuit.
________ __________
________ __________ (to buckle)

Closed = snip the wire pair, strip the insulation off the end and tie the ends of the pair opposite the buckle side together so that the electricity (current) can pass from the positive lead to the negative. That is a closed circuit.
_______ __________
_______I __________ (to buckle)

Check the resistance of the buckle before you cut anything and try and replicate see what the reisitance level is. For example:

Seat belt plugged in = How many ohms
Seat belt unplugged = How many ohms

Then, simulate the plugged in value all the time. If its is next to zero, then use a closed circuit. If it is HUGE, then use an open circuit. If it is some other value, then get a resisitor at Radio Shack to replicate that value.

If this is all Greek to you, then get someone else to do it. I'd hate to be responssible for someone hacking up thier NSX. Hopefully this has helped more than hurt?

Last edited:
Yes, I see what you mean, but I would much rather find the buzzer than disconnect it. That way I don't have to deal with the noise when I put my key in and the door is open.

Anyone know what the buzzer looks like?

I just did this on my '92. The only connectors visible under the seat where for the slides, contrary to what I had read in some posts. But if you go to the seat belt receiver and pull on the wires that run under the seat coverings, you will discover another connector that was not previously visible. By disconnecting this I was able to silence the beast.

-jamie

Back