• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How do I remove adhesive on window tint?

I had a sticker placed on my window tint and when I finally got it off without damaging the actual tint it left some residue. What chemical can I use to remove the remaining adhesive without damaging the tint?

I would try some WD-40 just make sure not to get it under the tint. l would spray it on a rag then attempt to take the adhesive off.

I would try some warm water and dish washing detergent. Work it slowly.
Just be careful on products that may damage or melt your tint.

goof-off is my fav
be sure to test in an inconspicuous place
like canada.
j/k!

Thanks for the responses, I will go by and pick up some of the suggested products after work.

I would try some warm water and dish washing detergent. Work it slowly.
Just be careful on products that may damage or melt your tint.

I will definatley try the warm water first. the LAST thing i want to do is damage the tint, even if it's in an inconspicuous spot (like canada :smile: ) I will still know is there if it's messed up.

goof-off is my fav
be sure to test in an inconspicuous place
like canada.
j/k!

I think you mean Goo Gone (which is citrus based and fairly mild, used to remove adhesive residue), not Goof Off which is used to remove dried latex paint splatters and such. I don't think Goof Off would be very kind to his tint.

goo gone would be good too, I was just saying that goof off is my fav. and actually i've used it on tint and plastics with no ill effect it is a little stronger than goo gone, i've used it to remove overspray from cars too , amazing stuff!

btw, I'm pretty sure you can use goo gone in CANADA too , no problem !:eek:

Back