• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How do other Europeans look upon the NSX?

Topic really. Im not from Europe, but Im curious to know how other non-NSX owners take the NSX? Do they really like, not their cup of tea, or its just blah? Obviously you like enough you wouldnt have it, but as we all know some cars are more valued in other areas, and thats what I would really like to know.

Hi

I have not had my NSX for long, but I get a lot of stares and things like that.

There are about 18 NSX in Norway so "no one" have seen on.

Regards

I am entering my 5th year of NSX experience in Europe (Switzerland, Italy and Germany) and I would say that:

- they like it more than the 911, 911TT, Ferarri 456, MB SL, Corvette C5(=that is quite exotic here)

- the same as a Lotus Esprit, Viper, Ferrari 348, 355, 360, 550

- less than Testarossa, Countach, Diablo, or other "super" exoticsa

"Oh, it is a Honda!" is quite common. (But I am not sure if that is a ggod thing or what...)
In my area (Arctic part of Norway) cars like these are rare. We have a few Porsches around here, also other sportscars. But noone in the same class as the NSX.
I have not had any negative responses so far on the car, but there are some who makes an opiniin about the driver, though.

I don't think it's as big of a deal as in the US. I've lived both places, and in general, americans are more into cars than people in my country. It doesn't really mean they know more about them, they just ask more questions and care about what you drive. It's in their blood, their culture.

And like my fellow country men have pointed out already, the NSX is a Honda here, so the exotic brand part is not really an issue, except when they see it and say "it looks like a ferrari." They like it, but then again very few people realize their sport car dream here and probably think I'm and idiot.

There is still a bias against japanese cars here, as most people are pro German cars, no matter what. I'm tired of defending japanese cars, and now that I own one of the best ever made, I'm happy either way.
People from the north, like martin and midnight express, are blessed with a more car freindly public than I am here in the south. Beamers, Merc and Audis rule as far as status goes, and that's what most people want....it's sad really.

in europ a japanese car is a japanese car, and an nsx is a honda sportscar, that's it.....

there are so many german cars > porsche, bmw, mercs, audi, etc.... the italian> ferraris, lambos, maseratis, bugatti, etc... the english> jaguars, aston martin, tvr, lotus etc.. that's what they like most i suppose

well........ that's the way it is

I love the NSX !!!!! yezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

but that's just me and a few, and that's enough said

:cool:

I owned my NSX in 1999 and til now, I always made/make the same experiences:

93% :( uneducated or silly stupid proletarian people say:
"it's maybe nice but it's still a japanese car or a cheap copy of a Ferrari"

7% ;) educated & smart guys say:
"Wow! What a fu**ing nice car !! :eek: Finally I have seen an NSX! Yeahh !! I have read a lot of about it. "

danpiu said:

"Wow! What a fu**ing nice car !! :eek: Finally I have seen an NSX! Yeahh !! I have read a lot of about it. "

Wery well said. i can relate to this.

Damn euro snobs. LOL :)
I used to care, but now I don't anymore. Their loss.

danpiu said:

Wery well said. i can relate to this.

Damn euro snobs. LOL :)
I used to care, but now I don't anymore. Their loss.

Back