• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How do you get to light in rear quarter panel?

Trying to remove the rear red light and need help figuring out how to do it!

I'm assuming your talking about the rear side marker lights (red)?

Those are held in place with a simple spring clip.... For the rear side markers, start from the side facing the rear bumper. Gently... pry it out using a smooth, thin flat blade tool like a "worn out" screwdriver. (worn out, meaning no sharp edges) The front side markers, start from the side facing the front wheel well.

Of course... protect the painted panel surface with tape and/or cloth
.....and/or you can tape the tip of a screwdriver, but it usually makes the tip thicker and harder to get underneath the rubber seal.

Choritsu-shi :wink:

Can't you undo a few of the lower fender liner screws enough to get your hand in there to push it out from behind while squeezing the clips? Seems safer on the paint, but it's probably more work than prying it out from the exterior.

I'm assuming your talking about the rear side marker lights (red)?

Those are held in place with a simple spring clip.... For the rear side markers, start from the side facing the rear bumper. Gently... pry it out using a smooth, thin flat blade tool like a "worn out" screwdriver. (worn out, meaning no sharp edges) The front side markers, start from the side facing the front wheel well.

Of course... protect the painted panel surface with tape and/or cloth
.....and/or you can tape the tip of a screwdriver, but it usually makes the tip thicker and harder to get underneath the rubber seal.

Choritsu-shi :wink:

What he said ^

I taped the body panel with masking tape first and used a plastic tool used for removing interior panel clips.

Back